What are you listening to?

I have the need for good a portion of early AC/DC
YES!
In fact, I think I'll go off and press shuffle on them now.
This is one of those times where Bubbleupnp is very useful - browse media server by artist, then simply choose Shuffle play on the artist.
Don't think I've got time for the 187 tracks I have in one session though.

I have this admittedly strange belief that not liking jazz is the elixir of life and the gateway to eternal youth - if I admit to liking jazz, I must be getting old 😂😜

(takes refuge, hiding behind the couch…)
@Brantome
Hmmmm may be you are right. :unsure: I started at the age of 18 listening to music. I listened to 60/70's rock bands, blues, english folk, Progressive music and so on. i have 1300 LPs of these genres. All original first print and in mint conditions.
But..last year i switched to Jazz and Classical Music.
So, it's a sign that i got old? I must reflect about :unsure:;)

I'm in a similar boat to @Maurizio. Similar level of Vinyl which is mostly Rock, Blues, Folk etc but I haven't switched to Jazz as such but I found myself suddenly appreciating it much more when I hit my 50s.
Classical is still a bit of a no go area. I do have some Classical but very little - some CDs but nothing on Vinyl.

@d6jg
Regarding this no go. Many times I heard that, very often from people who are deep in f.e. prog or jazz, so also sometimes more complex music genres. Let them listen to the instrumental parts of Tristan und Isolde. I can not imagine people do not like that, even with no experience or historical background. This "I have no clue" blocks many adventures. Back to Miles Davis, the first word in his autobiography is "Listen!" 😉

@d6jg
Regarding this no go. Many times I heard that, very often from people who are deep in f.e. prog or jazz, so also sometimes more complex music genres. Let them listen to the instrumental parts of Tristan und Isolde. I can not imagine people do not like that, even with no experience or historical background. This "I have no clue" blocks many adventures. Back to Miles Davis, the first word in his autobiography is "Listen!" 😉
And I guess there are those who don’t realise that many popular rock/pop songs have been based on classical pieces, such as those listed in this link

https://www.classicfm.com/discover-music/pop-songs-sample-based-on-classical-music/

or this Spotify playlist where it alternates the songs with the classical piece that inspired them

Last edited:
I'm in a similar boat to @Maurizio. Similar level of Vinyl which is mostly Rock, Blues, Folk etc but I haven't switched to Jazz as such but I found myself suddenly appreciating it much more when I hit my 50s.
Classical is still a bit of a no go area. I do have some Classical but very little - some CDs but nothing on Vinyl.
@d6jg Well, neither me had a real switch. I already listened at Jazz and Classical in my youth too, but not so much.
Now I appreciate more the complexity of this two genres. I've become Adult. At last!! ;) 🤭

For the eternal kids, and to amaze with special effects. No Jazz, no Classical 😇
I have vinyl of both. ;)
Immagine 2023-06-29 140634.jpg
Immagine 2023-06-29 140527.jpg

@Maurizio
A Sopwith Camel I built in 1:4 long ago. This lady flew good and is stored anywhere 😉, have to rummage around.
Stoned Circle is very, very seventies. But very good indeed. Even better with some.....but I stopped smoking years ago.

Hopefully I do not bore you. Another Mr. Davis album from 1986. I love this era of Electric Miles and "Tutu" is one of my island recordings. An iconic cover and groove without ending. More fusion would be difficult 😉

20230629_154656.jpeg

What a good idea from someone up there ^^

♪ Playing In A Silent Way / It's About That Time by Miles Davis from In A Silent Way (180g Vinyl) (1969) (Local • 625kbps VBR 16bit 44.1kHz FLC)

IMG_6253.jpg

Last for today.
Rumours said that this LP from this psychedelic Band of Minnesota, USA only sold 1.000 copies when it came out. It's the only Album of this band. After that they disbanded. It seems i'm so lucky to have one copy of the album. 😊 ;)
P.S. It was later re-evaluated and reissued in the early 1980s
Immagine 2023-06-30 071927.jpg

Back