Tidal plan changes

Only think that I can think of is ideal. Most of Dutch citizens use this method.
Or Google pay, PayPal would be an option too.😊
iDeal should work in the Netherlands. I've been using automatisch incasso iDeal payments for Tidal since november 2021.
If you have a Plex Pass, you can also pay with PayPal through Plex.

iDeal should work in the Netherlands. I've been using automatisch incasso iDeal payments for Tidal since november 2021.
If you have a Plex Pass, you can also pay with PayPal through Plex.
Ok I didn't know that.
The information that I got told me otherwise.
But if it's possible I'm going to try for a month first..
For me quality is important that means also the working of the app with it's options and AI functionality.

Thanks very much for this information 👍👍😊

How does it work if I go for the free trail?.
How must i pay them after the free Trail?
Does Tidal connect works as good as Spotify connect?

I fear you need a payment method for the free trial already, but may be I am wrong.
The Spotify question I can not answer because I do not use it.
Thanks for your reply..😊👍👍
I will have to try it myself ,hopefully i can still use the free trail.
We will see..they are still advertising with it.

Does Tidal connect works as good as Spotify connect?
Spotify connect reaches about anything in the world... Tidal connect only those someone decided to make compatible...
Said this, when Tidal connect is supported, it works wery well. The main difference is that with Spotify, you can do cross control of different devices. Don't know if is still the same but with spot, I was controlling an old iPhone USB connected to a dac, using another mobile. No streamer was needed. I had to take one, when decided to go with tidal. Obviously its quality is noticeably better on instant switching comparison. Maybe it lacks on ready to use playlists but gives me better suggestion and has the best lyrics management.

Spotify connect reaches about anything in the world... Tidal connect only those someone decided to make compatible...

Same for Spotify - the receiving device has to support Spotify Connect and many do, but not all. For example, my Linn amp still needs to update its Spotify Connect capability to support Spotify Free even though the Spotify SDK to allow that has been available for years.

Said this, when Tidal connect is supported, it works wery well. The main difference is that with Spotify, you can do cross control of different devices. Don't know if is still the same but with spot, I was controlling an old iPhone USB connected to a dac, using another mobile. No streamer was needed. I had to take one, when decided to go with tidal. Obviously its quality is noticeably better on instant switching comparison. Maybe it lacks on ready to use playlists but gives me better suggestion and has the best lyrics management.
That’s probably due to Spotify only allowing one stream per account, whereas I believe Tidal doesn’t have that restriction.

Which is better in terms of operation comfort, Tidal Connect or Spotify Connect?

For example, If I press the "Next" button on Spotify Connect, the next track will play in an instant. There is no delay. (Alexa Cast is the worst in this regard. It takes more than 3 seconds.)
What about Tidal Connect?

What about Tidal Connect?
At least here it is an issue. No clear behaviour to recognise. Sometimes next needs up to a few seconds and then the next next is perfect.
Not to mention at least here the Tidal app and the WiiM app lose their synchronisation. No big thing. Anyway weird.
This is the reason I prefer the route through the implementation and live with it quite satisfied.
On this field Spotify scores. But for me this is only consolation goal ;-)

I believe Tidal doesn’t have that restriction.
Sometimes it has and sometimes no. I mean sometimes I can start two streams, one on connect wiim or bluos and one on Tidal app itself, without any warning and sometimes Tidal awake itself and say me that another stream is already on and I must choice which one continue to use. I didn't do statistic, so it's still a mystery.
Regarding Spotify connect, since I never encountered a device not compatible, I was thinking was an absolute truth... Surely the fact I can start streaming on a different device of that is in my hands was a big advantage, I didn't need a streamer. The reason I got the wiim, was this impossibility with Tidal, I had to operate on the device phisically usb connected to dac.

Last edited:
Back