What are you listening to?

Some more nostalgia. The biggest advantage of streaming for me is still having access to such forgotten artists. Lots of LPs and CDs did not survive in my collection.

IMG_2568.jpeg

One of the few female voices in todays what some call Jazz I really like. Many of this darlings of the audiophiles, which claim they make Jazz are boring me more and more. All this Melodys and Dianas make the same records again and again.
Completely notated and thoroughbred arranged music is definitively no Jazz. For example Duke and Count in their line-ups left space enough for their soloist's improvisations.
Some of this contemporary music is pretty well made. But as above, its chamber music or even Tanzmusik ;-)
Trane, Bird, Miles, Pres and Monk would raise their eyebrows if we would call it the same than the music they made.

IMG_2569.jpeg

Jutta was suddenly Hip(p). Born in Leipzig in former GDR. 1955 the first white woman on Blue Note. First леди in European Jazz. An artist not only in music.
Fun fact: The original US release was just sold for 5.380 $! Eventually another reason for reviewing your collection for forgotten treasures ;-)
Starting call was 800 $.

IMG_2575.jpeg

Flying in the face of a conservative music scene!

IMG_2581.jpeg

On the other side this German versions are simply Zeitgeist in Deutschland. Tearjerkers, hard to suffer with todays ears. But the market was big enough and asked for this stuff and the majors took the chances. Beatles, Elvis, Cliff Richard and so on. They all did it.

IMG_2582.jpeg

Back