What are you listening to?

1976 (P) Bill Szymczyk
For sure a great album, but since years I skip the title track. No hifi shop, no presentation and no hifi fair Hotel California didn't come from every corner. My personal Last Christmas. Enough is enough. Count me out.

IMG_2751.jpeg

1976 (P) Bill Szymczyk
For sure a great album, but since years I skip the title track. No hifi shop, no presentation and no hifi fair Hotel California didn't come from every corner. My personal Last Christmas. Enough is enough. Count me out.

View attachment 6105
The title track is one of those seminal songs which will last forever! It has everything, melody, lyrics..... Remember, you can check out but you can never leave.... Perfect!

Fast lane is good, too! 😎😁

I was watching a Top of the Pops from the 1970’s, and Suzi Quatro was on, and as I hadn’t heard anything of hers for years, I thought I would play something.

IMG_0268.jpeg

The title track is one of those seminal songs which will last forever! It has everything, melody, lyrics..... Remember, you can check out but you can never leave.... Perfect!

Fast lane is good, too! 😎😁
It is my very special problem with that song that I definitively heard it really, really, really too often. Eyes wide open when choosing the profession. Every word you wrote about I sign. But my limit is reached ;-)

The classic intermezzo for today.
A fantastic combination of melodies, harmonies and stupendous virtuosity. For me an overall complete recording that is really the best in all parts does not exist. A good while I've been thinking about making my own such "playlist" from the available recordings, but so far I've always been too lazy.
For me these two are my favorites where Schirmer gets the price for sound quality.

IMG_2756.jpegIMG_2755.jpeg

1976 (P) Tom Scholz & John Boylan
In August 1976 this album sent shockwaves through the music industry. It was a true Cinderella story, a band appearing out of nowhere.

IMG_2752.jpeg

Just got my wiim amp today, connected to a pair of triangle Titus ez's as my secondary system.
Playing my go to test track, everything sounds great.
Though I'll need to get a small sub.
1000002486.png

Just got my wiim amp today, connected to a pair of triangle Titus ez's as my secondary system.
Playing my go to test track, everything sounds great.
Though I'll need to get a small sub.
View attachment 6117

Second handed you can often get a sub for little money 😊
I bought my sub also second handed.
Couldn't do without the sub.
Very easy to set within the app.
Makes the sound of the music even better..richer,deeper I would say.( My opinion).

Last edited:
1971 (P) Jimmy Miller
Housed in the iconic Andy Warhol designed sleeve with the metal zipper.

IMG_2758.jpeg

1971 (P) Glyn Johns
Roger Daltrey's vocal performance is astonishing. Behind Blue Eyes seems to serve as signature piece for both Daltrey and Townshend.

IMG_2759.jpeg

1977 (P) Fleetwood Mac, Richard Dashut & Ken Cailat
Few rock'n'roll stories are as downright weird as the strange tale of Fleetwood Mac: a 40-year saga involving drug-induced madness, bitter in-fighting, a "fake" band that stole the name, two broken marriages and so on.

IMG_2760.jpeg

Back