What are you listening to?

1967 (P) Paul Rothchild
What kind of band in 1966 would include a Kurt Weill/Bertolt Brecht song in their first album, or even start the first track with a bossa nova drum beat?

IMG_2761.jpeg

1966 (P) George Martin
Although other Beatles albums ranked above Revolver in my list all this albums change the rank with every listening. The actual spin is always the best Beatles album.

IMG_2775.jpeg

1972 (P) Deep Purple
From the moment singer Ian Gillan and bass player Roger Glover had joined Purple in June 1969 - replacing Rod Evans and Nick Simper - Deep Purple's career upswing had appeared unstoppable.

IMG_2763.jpeg

1973 (P) Ken Scott & David Bowie
"Ziggy Stardust in America" is the usual line trotted out for Aladdin Sane, the follow-up to Bowie's breathtaking album.

IMG_2764.jpeg

While I get the room correction firmware I decided to test the new Roon Ready function with the PEQ filters that House Curve generated. I’m very pleased with the result.
IMG_1966.png

Before the most known recording of Zinman and Upshaw, and my favorite, Wit and Kilanowicz, this one is a very nice versionIMG_1968.png

Need some inspiration while working, so put on a classic album!
Turn it up - raining hard so neighbours won't hear it.
Screenshot_20240405-140837_WiiM Home.jpg

(Gorecki is a little bit too demanding in such early hours @Jutriana , but I certainly give it a go later on!)

So exciting! And much more important than the majority of the copy-and-paste contemporary "jazz".

IMG_2780.jpegIMG_2779.jpeg

Back