What are you listening to?

Wake up for today, relaxing from a disastrous Alphaville concert. Not every old hero survived in good condition. Of course the actual line up is away from the original but everything played is conserved food?! Wasted time and money.
Coming to this album. Singer Daniel Barter "weaves an additionally captivating carpet around the progressive tones with clear singing and growls" (quote German Metal Hammer) and that's how I stick with it. Admittedly, however, very few songs on Voidkind, due to the genre, got directly into my ear. However, Sarmatæ, framed by intermezzi, which is in my ear reminiscent of System Of A Down is nice. A mixture of sludge and post metal quickly leads to the feeling of something that is within reach, but is not quite achieved yet. Worth a few additional spins.

IMG_3074.jpeg

25 years ago, from a synthie pop combo to the top of Germany's alternative metal charts. Yes, such exists ;-)
This Berlin band's history was a short one.

IMG_3075.jpeg

Too much synthesizers yesterday, so diving the archive, one of my top albums 20 years ago.

IMG_3076.jpeg

On with heavy stuff. This is 15 years ago.
Exit with a bang: Wavering Radiant was able to convince in contrast to its predecessors, but was supposed to be Isis' last album. Almost a year after the release of the fifth album, the American post metalics separated. In the same year, a split EP with The Melvins followed and in 2018 they played a single reunion concert - but basically it's over with Isis.

IMG_3081.jpeg

Last of the heavy stuff for today. This one is 5 years old.
Berserker proves: Amon Amarth can't make a bad album at all. In fan circles, the eleventh work is not exactly considered the best record of the Swedes, but even a relatively weak Amon Amarth album still brings strong songs! Titles like Raven's Flight or Shield Wall are still being cheered live. (In my then ranking Berserker left rightly Grand Magus and Bad Religion behind them.)

IMG_3082.jpeg

Volume knob two strokes direction quieter and back to normal. Live is live. The cover would be so much nicer with the right guitar ;-)

IMG_3083.jpeg

And now something totally different ;-)
This guy is for sure not a second (or 12th?) Keith Jarrett but it is fine contemplative, ambient and relaxing piano playing. For those interested in: The Dolby Atmos mix on Tidal and Apple sounds fantastic.

IMG_3084.jpeg

And now something totally different ;-)
This guy is for sure not a second (or 12th?) Keith Jarrett but it is fine contemplative, ambient and relaxing piano playing. For those interested in: The Dolby Atmos mix on Tidal and Apple sounds fantastic.

View attachment 6884
He also did the music for TV series House of Cards

ps: Deezer is much underrated - offers much more than Spotify with music, live radio streams and podcasts. All it needs is something like Tidal's videos to be the go-to streamer!

Born in Western London, passed in Colorado only 51 years old. Neither The Small Faces nor The Faces without his voice and bass guitar. Plonk is still regular guest on my stereo.

IMG_3085.jpeg

Celebrating the 70th anniversary of the Strat. Cliff Richard bought the first red - white - gold one for Hank Marvin in 1969. It became his signature guitar for ever. Hank, born in Newcastle upon Tyne, will be 83 in October.

IMG_3086.jpeg

Hi all,
Going Celtic this evening. Loreena McKennitt, a Canadian singer-songwriter, multi-instrumentalist, and composer who writes, records, and performs world music with Celtic and Middle Eastern influences. (Wikipedia) And .... a voice to die for. The concert she did in 2006 in Alhambra (Spain) was one of the best she ever did. The location adding to the overall experience of everybody attending to that exceptional live performance. Best regards, Martin.IMG_1926.PNG

Back