24bit 96khz and up buffering

CJ Heitz

My Wiim Mini for the last few months has been dropping out while playing HD music on Amazon Music. Anything over 24bit 48khz will randomly drop out/buffer. The network status says it's "Excellent" and the mesh point is within 3 ft of the Mini. I've been waiting for an update that might fix it but, it's still doing it. Super annoying. The system is:

Emotiva TA1 ( capable of 24/192)
Emotiva A2
Wiim Mini

The network is Comcast Business Gigabit running through a Google Wifi Mesh with 4 points. I've tried everything I can. It worked flawlessly for a long time. Then a few months ago just started pooping out.

Go to the menu "Settings" at the bottom of the WiiM app screen > "Feedback". 🙂
Thank you!!! That's not very intuitive.

Since reinstalling the app it has sailed through even 24/192 tracks. Testing continues....

If it happens again I'll submit a ticket and probably order a new cable to be sure.

Greatly appreciate all the feedback so far. The Wiim Family is strong! Makes for a better product for sure.

Almost 30 minutes without issue. Maybe the app reinstall worked?!? Time will tell. I will order a new cable just in case.

Kinda glad to be working out the issue. The high res audio from Amazon is SO much better than YouTube music!

Almost 30 minutes without issue. Maybe the app reinstall worked?!? Time will tell. I will order a new cable just in case.

Kinda glad to be working out the issue. The high res audio from Amazon is SO much better than YouTube music!
I hope your Mini will stay healthy. 😉

Back