Ability to connect to and control Wiim Mini from iPhone Lock Screen when playing music from iTunes Library on home PC/Mac

spunkmeyer

I stream my music over Wifi from the Music Library on my Mac. I have a lot of high-res music ripped from Vinyl, so I don't want to stream from a service like Apple Music, or use Bluetooth.

When streaming from my Mac to a device like a HomePod, I can connect to and control the HomePod from the iPhones Home App, or from the lock screen. This enables me to adjust the volume, use forward and back functions, etc without unlocking the phone.

When I try this with the Wiim Mini on the Lock Screen or in the Home App, it just says "Connecting" and never connects.

I can only control the Wiim from my iPhone's Lock screen when streaming from the iPhone.

I would like to connect to, and control, my Wiim Mini from my iPhone's lock screen and Home app while streaming music over Wifi from my Mac.

Please let me know if this need clarification.

This would really improve the Wiim Mini's usability.

Thanks!

I stream my music over Wifi from the Music Library on my Mac. I have a lot of high-res music ripped from Vinyl, so I don't want to stream from a service like Apple Music, or use Bluetooth.

When streaming from my Mac to a device like a HomePod, I can connect to and control the HomePod from the iPhones Home App, or from the lock screen. This enables me to adjust the volume, use forward and back functions, etc without unlocking the phone.

When I try this with the Wiim Mini on the Lock Screen or in the Home App, it just says "Connecting" and never connects.

I can only control the Wiim from my iPhone's Lock screen when streaming from the iPhone.

I would like to connect to, and control, my Wiim Mini from my iPhone's lock screen and Home app while streaming music over Wifi from my Mac.

Thanks!
Hi Spunkmeyer, thanks for reporting this. We'll reproduce this issue from our side and hopefully we can fix it soon. BTW, have you added the WiiM Mini into your Apple Home App yet? If not, please do so first.

Thanks for the reply. I have added the Wiim Mini to my Home App. I can control the Wiim Mini from the Home app when I am streaming from my iPhone, but if I am steaming from my Mac and try to connect to the Wiim Mini from my iPhones Home app, it just says "Connecting" and never connects.

IMG_4635.jpeg

Thanks for the reply. I have added the Wiim Mini to my Home App. I can control the Wiim Mini from the Home app when I am streaming from my iPhone, but if I am steaming from my Mac and try to connect to the Wiim Mini from my iPhones Home app, it just says "Connecting" and never connects.

View attachment 35
Thanks for the screenshot. I confirmed with our eng team that we reproduced this issue from our side too. We'll troubleshoot this shortly. Please stay tuned!

Thanks!
I am in the same exact situation as you; looking to AirPlay from my hidden Mac mini to the Wiim Mini and would like to control playback from my iPhone. I really hope that this gets added!

Back