Tidal controls on iPhone lock screen

Giro413

Since getting my WiiM Pro Plus I have been using first Qobuz and now also Tidal to get the best possible sound quality when streaming. I still have a Spotify subscription also, so at the moment I can really compare all three platforms. I seem to have landed on Tidal for a decent combination of good SQ and a catalogue that fits my tastes, but one thing makes me prefer Spotify…

And that is the fact that I get Spotify controls on the lock screen of my iPhone when it is playing on my WiiM Pro Plus (via Spotify Connect). I do not seem to be able to get that very convenient functionality with either Tidal or Qobuz. How can that be? Is iPhone lock screen functionality just not supported when using Tidal Connect or streaming Qobuz from the WiiM app? I can’t see why they shouldn’t be able to, when Spotify can.

Is your question why the WiiM app controls for Qobuz/Tidal/etc. aren't available on an iPhone lock screen? I thought you meant the Tidal app controls aren't on the lock screen, but now I'm not sure. Asking for clarity's sake as I use an Android device where all the apps' basic controls are exposed. You might try the Tidal subreddit if you're talking about Tidal app controls, if you haven't already done so.

I am talking about the generic iPhone music playing controls. On lock screen and Dynamic Island. I get that when playing through Spotify Connect, but not with Tidal Connect (controls only work if using airplay). I hope that clarifies what my issue is.

Back