Tidal connect volume contorl on app (android)

wiimj

With Spotify Connect, I am able to control the volume of Wiim on Spotify android app.

However, with Tidal Connect, I have to go to Wiim home app to control the volume of my Wiim. I am just wondering if it is possible to control the volume of Wiim on Tidal app (android) while using Tidal Connect. Not a big deal but just asking! Thank you!

Oh just in case, I have a Wiim Pro Plus.

With Spotify Connect, I am able to control the volume of Wiim on Spotify android app.

However, with Tidal Connect, I have to go to Wiim home app to control the volume of my Wiim. I am just wondering if it is possible to control the volume of Wiim on Tidal app (android) while using Tidal Connect. Not a big deal but just asking! Thank you!

Oh just in case, I have a Wiim Pro Plus.
Strange...
Ever since I first started using Tidal a year or more ago I was able to use the volume buttons on my android tablet to control the wiim volume (obviously not set to fixed).
Then, a couple of months or so ago, there was a period where this stopped working.
And somewhere in the last month or so it started working again.
It was mentioned on this forum; I seem to recall it was a Tidal app issue.
When you expand the volume option do you see tidal?

Screenshot_20240425-102600_TIDAL.jpgö

Got it! So the volume buttons don't work but I can see the volume controller if I go into the volume setting by touching the three dot after pushing the volume button. It seems strange but at least I don't need to go into Wiim app any more! Thank you very much!

Got it! So the volume buttons don't work but I can see the volume controller if I go into the volume setting by touching the three dot after pushing the volume button. It seems strange but at least I don't need to go into Wiim app any more! Thank you very much!
You should be able to use the volume buttons; I can / do.

Hmm for some reason the buttons still don't work (while they work with Spotify connect). Hmm...
Are you sure your Tidal app is up to date? Which Android version?

The Tidal app did show this exact behaviour for a certain time, but this regression has been fixed weeks ago.

Heck, some even saw this bug as a feature, because using the volume buttons from the Tidal app would break "bit perfect". :ROFLMAO:

So yes, I can confirm Tidal behaving like that in the past, but it should have long been fixed.

Back