Alexa / Smart-Home sensor feature

hyperion

It would be really nice to provide a "sensor" feature in the Wiim device that would notify Alexa or any generic Smart Home service when some audio is played.

This way : when audio is played we could wake-up the amplifier automatically, by using for example a connected IR remote, or a connected power plug.

Thanks for considering ;)

A playback status is already exposed via http api and upnp interface. Any client can get it or even subscribe to it in case of upnp.

ok :) GREAT !!

Please tell me how I can setup a connected power plug to switch to ON when music is played, using the Alexa ecosystem, or standard Smart Home / Smart Things apps.

Thanks

You will need a piece of software working locally which can query your WiiM to get a status and control your plug. I prefer Home Assistant for any smart home related activities.

You can translate this feature request as : "please make Wiim device to be seen as an Alexa sensor".

What I need is that Alexa finds Wiim as an available sensor : providing boolean status : playback / no-playback.

You will need a piece of software working locally which can query your WiiM to get a status and control your plug. I prefer Home Assistant for any smart home related activities.

This is not what I expect : please read previous answer ;)

I can understand this. I was referring to the "generic Smart Home service" part of your statement.
There is no one "standard Smart Home" solution.

You can translate this feature request as : "please make Wiim device to be seen as an Alexa sensor".

What I need is that Alexa finds Wiim as an available sensor : providing boolean status : playback / no-playback.
You can’t even do that with a real echo, just occupancy detection. As suggested , you’d need to go outside the echo ecosystem and use Home Assistant, Smartthings or similar.

You can’t even do that with a real echo, just occupancy detection. As suggested , you’d need to go outside the echo ecosystem and use Home Assistant, Smartthings or similar.
It can be for example defined in Home Assistant and later exposed to Amazon / Google smart home solutions.

It can be for example defined in Home Assistant and later exposed to Amazon / Google smart home solutions.
Yeah, ifttt with voicemonkey, mkzense or similar are often used to present virtual triggers to Alexa, as well as HA, Smartthings etc. TBH, they’re sometimes used as sledgehammers to crack nuts rather than taking a simpler approach…

Yeah, ifttt with voicemonkey, mkzense or similar are often used to present virtual triggers to Alexa, as well as HA, Smartthings etc. TBH, they’re sometimes used as sledgehammers to crack nuts rather than taking a simpler approach…
It's very simple when you have a local smart integration system already. The first step is the hardest one usually :)

I have already done this kind of automation : please could you provide some documentation on API calls ?

Back