Wiim wifi remote

ricfleming

I’d like to have a wifi enabled Wiim remote so I can control a Wiim from another room. I’m trying to recreate a whole home audio distribution using 6 WiiM’s connected to 6 zone amps all in a lounge cabinet but would like a physical remote in each of the zones to adjust volume, skips tracks or activate/deactivate the zone. I’m having to use Alexa devices in each zone and control via voice at the moment which isn’t very reliable.

Is this even vaguely possible?

I’d like to have a wifi enabled Wiim remote so I can control a Wiim from another room. I’m trying to recreate a whole home audio distribution using 6 WiiM’s connected to 6 zone amps all in a lounge cabinet but would like a physical remote in each of the zones to adjust volume, skips tracks or activate/deactivate the zone. I’m having to use Alexa devices in each zone and control via voice at the moment which isn’t very reliable.

Is this even vaguely possible?
Slightly tongue in cheek, but 6 cheap 2nd hand phones or tablets...?

I have considered that, I have Cat5 network cable into each of the zones, so thought about doing some inwall controllers using Samsung phones or iPhones… you can get some cat5 to lightning converters which would allow the, to continually charge!

Back