Universal remote support

Schoepsplease

it would be the proverbial cherry on the sundae if WiiM would offer support for universal Bluetooth remote pairing. I’m honestly surprised more people aren’t asking for this, or maybe I’m just out of touch as to the number of people who might be trying to use a WiiM as their home theater hub, it’s feature set is perfect for such a use case).

I’d like to use something like a sofabaton, or honestly even a chromecast wgtv remote, to control the WiiM’s volume at the very least (or even use the WiiM remote to control the chromecast wgtv, I think it’s just basically a firestick remote at heart). These devices support Bluetooth as the WiiM does, and the google tv software already allows for easy integration of external audio hardware.

WiiM, please put this feature into effect. I think it is extremely limiting and myopic limitation of your device to only offer a single remote solution, given the at this point decades long history of universal remote support by the hifi market.

So I've tried with both "other" and "Android TV". It pairs successfully, but the only function that appears to work is mute/unmute. The rest of the buttons cause lights on the wiim to flicker but nothing else.

Also, as soon as you communicate with another Bluetooth device, or pair the remote to your phone to make changes, the wiim loses pairing requiring you to set up the remote again.

In short, no it doesn't work. Would be great if it did though.

Struggling with the same here (no universal remote support). I’m trying to use Logitech Harmony to control the play/pause and prev/next controls (not using the volume on my Wiim Mini and ProPlus).
I read somewhere that you can pair the Wiim as a computer and tried it. It worked with the Mini as a Windows computer, but then it stopped working and I’m not able to pair it again since. With the ProPlus it never worked - neither as Windows, nor as Mac.

It’s quite annoying, since it really worked for a couple of minutes. Otherwise i’d just think it might be impossible.

If only the Beoremote One BT was able to connect…
Beautiful design and more shortcuts, that’s all I need.

Back