Features request on new V2

rccarguy

Major Contributor
Linear power supply, if improves sound quality (not cheap SMPS USB C mobile phone charger etc)
Hardware for IR receiver window, so can control it with a) bundled remote b) A universal programmable remote c) With spare Squeezebox remotes.
Ability to change IR codes for Wiim, choose Squeezebox remote in menu, or control Marantz CD player (Philips RC5 code)
USB-C video out, to connect to a self powered LCD screen for album art (ability to choose different size), choose display from VDU meter, album art etc.

More spare around RCA jacks, housing could get in the way of cables.

I haven't bought Wiim pro as currently my Squeezeboxes do everything I need, but the Wiim Pro looks first choice.

Last edited:
What RF protocol does the Plus use? Can I use my MX-850 to control it? It is IR and RF.

Are there files that I can import into the URC editor?

More spare around RCA jacks, housing could get in the way of cables.
Hi there! The space around the RCA jacks has been widened on the current Pro Plus model. I had that concern also, but the Pro Plus seems good to go now. @rccarguy

Simultaneous digital and analog outputs active, just like the SqueezeBox.

Sorry but I was so disappointed when I didn't see this feature in the Pro Plus, so I felt I needed to shout it out from the roof tops this time

This feature was and will be for sure one of the most wanted. And likely it will be done earlier or later. My opinion is that the Plus is built for the people who wanted an internal DAC and are fine with the the one in the Plus. So lets wait and see 😉

- USB output
- Stand alone balanced out preamp & DAC with builtin PSU and remote control in Wiim PRO form factor
- Upgrade bluetooth with LDAC codec for both transmit and receive

USB HD support (connect 3.5" SATA drive) - or ideally internally 3.5"
Ability to scan that drive and build a music database

Those features mean you don't need a NAS, PC or UPNP service- for a local off line music system

Back