Anyone have a clue how to set up queue in Wiim Home App? Doesn't work

hiwi-zac

Have been using Tidal and Spotify apps on iPhone for years and the Wiim Home App does not seem to work with song queues. I just want to pick a handful of songs to listen to and then add others to the queue as I'm listening. You know basic stuff. But this does not seem to work on the Wiim Home App as far as I can tell. Any suggestions welcome. Also this forum should have a basic overall topic for Wiim Home App. Not a great first impression!

Unless Tidal and Spotify publish an API that third parties like WiiM can use to enable that type of functionality in their own apps, there's no way the WiiM Home app can do it on its own.

But in the case of both of those services, WiiM hardware devices support Tidal Connect and Spotify Connect directly, so there's no need to use the WiiM app for those things specifically (or anything at all -- other than device management -- if those are the only two content sources you use). The UX of the Tidal and Spotify mobile apps is always going to be superior in several ways than what the WiiM Home app can offer as a proxy.

Thanks! After about a half hour of poking around I finally came to that same conclusion and now know how to use both of those apps independently of the WiiM Home App. Thanks for confirming this though. It still seems to do some quirky things to my queue if I poke around in the WiiM Home App after selecting songs in one of the other apps, but going forward I probably just won't use the WiiM app much. I do have a strong compulsion to always check the streaming bit rate which is only shown in the WiiM app but I suppose that compulsion will fade too. :)

One thing I did find useful on the WiiM help front was the FAQ inside of the WiiM Home App. (Settings>FAQ) Anyone else new to the WiiM might appreciate that. Also, make sure in both Tidal or Spotify apps you actually select your WiiM product as the source. At first with Tidal app, I had selected AirPlay before I closed and re-opened the app and saw that my WiiM Mini was there available to be selected.

Plenty of third party apps that support building queues from Tidal and Qobuz and playing them on WiiMs. LMS even allows Spotify queues to be built.

Try JPlay or mConnect apps for iOS, or BubbleUPnP for Android.

I’m sure WiiM’s app will support this eventually.

JPlay example

IMG_1529.png

Back