Best Speaker Options for Amp

hdmkv

Looking for advice as to 'best' (and affordable) speakers to pair WiiM Amp with. I'm presently using Emotiva T-Zero+ towers & find the sound quality good... but, not overly impressive. In my separate home theater room, I'm using Polk R700's and audio quality is just excellent using an Onkyo RZ50 AVR. So, could be AVR/amp as opposed to speakers.

Should I look for better 4 ohm speakers to get the most out of WiiM Amp?

What speakers are y'all using? What do y'all recommend?

Looking for advice as to 'best' (and affordable) speakers to pair WiiM Amp with. I'm presently using Emotiva T-Zero+ towers & find the sound quality good... but, not overly impressive. In my separate home theater room, I'm using Polk R700's and audio quality is just excellent using an Onkyo RZ50 AVR. So, could be AVR/amp as opposed to speakers.

Should I look for better 4 ohm speakers to get the most out of WiiM Amp?

What speakers are y'all using? What do y'all recommend?
I would advise against specifically seeking out low impedance speakers for the wiim amp.
A speaker's impedance rating is just a guide - the actual impedance will vary greatly across the frequency range, but low impedance can create quite a load on an amp.

I think speakers especially are a very personal choice in hifi.
I've listened to numerous highly rated / reviewed / recommended by others speakers, and disliked many of them.
This could be down to my music tastes, my bias to a certain type of sound from previously owned speakers etc.
Basically, if you ask others what speakers to get, you'll get told to get whatever they have - 'cos that's what they like.

Have you tried using the wiim amp with the R700s?
That might guide you to whether the wiim amp or emotiva speakers are to blame, as such.

Have you tried using the wiim amp with the R700s?
That might guide you to whether the wiim amp or emotiva speakers are to blame, as such.
I would also try out the R700s with the WiiM Amp and see how it sounds with them.

Going with Polk, I can recommend the R200, it is a good bookshelf speaker which I had for some time. I now have the Wharfedale Linton and will report how they sound with the WiiM Amp when it arrives.

Tested with Polk R700’s and pairing was very good. Didn’t like sound with Triangle Borea BR03’s… a bit tinny sounding, lacking fullness/depth. Odd because they sounded rather good with my Fosi amp.

The “Cheap Audio Man” on you tube about 5 months ago did a show on what amp goes with which speaker . Sony ssc5 keeps popping up. I have about 10 sets of speakers from 50$ -2000 so I’m doing my own test . So far my best work fine

I have not yet received my Amp but one of the key reasons for my purchase was the 2.1 setup with active adjustments of the frequencies/cut off between the subwoofer and the main speakers from the app/phone: With this feature I plan to put less low level bass to the main speakers and therefor expect better performance from my mid size speakers.

My set up is for both stereo/music and TV/video-streaming, I have a subwoofer: B&W ASW 600 that is more expensive than my stereo-speakers Argon Audio Alto 55

I received my WIIM Amp just a few days ago. I had an old pair of PSB Image 1B speakers (6 ohm) lying around and hooked these into my WIIM Amp and am waiting for a subwoofer cable to hook in an old PSB Alpha Sub and see how all that sounds together. The 2 speakers sound really good so far. I have it in my home office but I might think of moving it all to a larger room. I also have a pair of PSB Image T45 tower speakers stored away. Might dig those out. Running Tidal HiFi Plus as my streaming service.

I'm currently using the Amp to drive a pair of Focal Chorus 826V towers, and the sound is really great.

Anyone any suggestions for an good subwoofer?
I've ordered the wiimamp. Looking forward to it.
I will receive it on Monday.
What is a good subwoofer..not all too expensive..?
Is it possible to enhance the music experience and also the movie experience at the same time?

Is it possible to enhance the music experience and also the movie experience at the same time?
I don't know what your budget is, but this video might be helpful. 😊

I am happy with the SVS-SB3000.

Back