Bigger thumbnails

PietB51

Is in the WiiM pro an option to change the size of the Thumbnails?
(Albums of the home shares, bigger Album art)

It's the WiiM Home app (WHA) that displays your home shares, it's nothing to do with the endpoints (mini/pro), they're just targets for the audio, so if there's no setting in the app (which I don't believe there is) then it's not possible.

The home shares browsing (UPnP control point) in the WHA is very basic, you're better off with another control point like BubbleUPnP/Hi-Fi Cast/mconnect e.t.c. However, I've literally just noticed that if you're using a third-party app the WiiM doesn't appear to be gapless, at the moment!

Strange.. I have no gapless issues using bubbleupnp to stream my nas files to a mini or pro.
What music server are you using? I only noticed this last night and haven't had the chance to test other setups yet. I'm assuming you're playing FLAC?

It's the WiiM Home app (WHA) that displays your home shares, it's nothing to do with the endpoints (mini/pro), they're just targets for the audio, so if there's no setting in the app (which I don't believe there is) then it's not possible.

The home shares browsing (UPnP control point) in the WHA is very basic, you're better off with another control point like BubbleUPnP/Hi-Fi Cast/mconnect e.t.c. However, I've literally just noticed that if you're using a third-party app the WiiM doesn't appear to be gapless, at the moment!
Thanks, that make it clear me.
Will look for another control point.

What music server are you using? I only noticed this last night and haven't had the chance to test other setups yet. I'm assuming you're playing FLAC?
qnap nas, minimserver, flac.
Maybe I should try it again given the few recent updates!
Gapless was the reason I bought a mini a few months back, and it has worked flawlessly in this regard every time I've used it.

Gapless was the reason I bought a mini a few months back, and it has worked flawlessly in this regard every time I've used it.
I think it's something this end as I can't play to Sonos gaplessly either. Maybe had too many servers/control points running trying to debug the other things. Might try the old "turn it off then on again" approach, with everything.

I tried Plex server on my MacMini, Plex iPad flac files to WiiMHA, and see full resolution gapless in WHA

I tried Plex server on my MacMini, Plex iPad flac files to WiiMHA, and see full resolution gapless in WHA
People use "WiiM" interchangeably to mean both the hardware and the app; were you using the WiiM app to browse Plex? Last night going via the WiiM home app it was fine, just not via a third-party app. I can't even stream to the local BubbleUPnP renderer locally now!
I've just rebooted all network components and no change, I'm now going back to source literally (CD) and ripping it with an old FLAC version as I recently re-encoded everything, even though I can't believe it's that. If it's not that then I guess I'll just sell all the tech I have in the house and go and live in the woods.

It looks like I have to manually go into the Settings of every renderer (including the Local Renderer) and enable 'Gapless playback', at that point it works. Now I've been using BubbleUPnP for years and years so whilst I probably can't remember every setting I've changed I'm 95% sure I've never had to do that before!
I had a quick scroll through the changelog (which is massive and not searchable) and I can't see anything, but I have very few gapless albums so it's probably been ages since I tried to play one.

Do you remember having to do that?

So the local renderer and Sonos not playing gapless was because of the app setting I needed to change, but my results for the WiiM from last night still stand as I had proxied the WiiM to an openhome renderer.

My gapless testing approach is to split a track into multiple 20 second blocks (sox 01.01.flac output.flac trim 0 20 : newfile : restart), tweak the tags so track numbers are sequential then play the "album" so I can quickly test track transitions.
In testing I was having every other track transition fail, so I increased the track duration to 30 and they then all worked, so there's some timing problem going on with the WiiM as the Sonos speaker handles it perfectly (once I'd set it to gapless in the app).

In the real world this is probably a non-issue, but annoying non the less.

Using BUPnP and i have gapeless music

Back