Bit perfect indicator

Mrz7kN

Major Contributor
My suggestion is to add an indicator within the app on home screen to show if a device is playing bit perfect.

Reason is, that people might do configurations (e.g. for testing etc) which impacts bit perfect playback and they might forget turning it back.

Such an indicator would remind you of potential unwanted changes.

Well, from my perspective it should be "on" all the time, as the output stream is not bit-perfect :)

Yes, indeed. It was more ment with regards to any config changes which impact the output stream not beeing bit perfect any more. :)

So kind of indicator which shows that bit-nonperfect stream is even more non-perfect and starts to be also non-transparent because of the settings applied ;) I'm joking of course.

🎧If you can't tell that your stream isn't bit perfect without a little light to tell you so, then it probably doesn't matter...
What will they think of next? Different coloured lights to tell you the sample rate?

But is does matter if you play anything for purposes other than listening.

It depends on which stream service I am using and also on the particular songs.

To be honest (normaly a lie starts that way):
All my DACs have no display showing the resolution 192 or the magenta-lighted MQA....i wonder if i should by one. Because believing is not knowing (bad translation from an old German wisdom) 😉😇

Not talking about resolution or MQA. The benefit would be to immediatly see, if any of the config was changed which impacts bit perfect output.

Not talking about resolution or MQA. The benefit would be to immediatly see, if any of the config was changed which impacts bit perfect output.
Isn't it enough if you can hear the high resolution?
I'm kidding, sorry. Maybe it would be a nice-to-have.

Seems I really pulled the trigger with this suggestion ;-)

Edit: I should have written about an indicator which shows you that EQ is active. That would help me a lot :LOL:

IMG_20230504_220119.jpgIMG_20230504_220535.jpg

If you can check the EQ status on the "Now Playing" screen, it may be easier to use🙂

Preset registration should also be on this screen.

Back