Coax output not working

franck976

I have a Wiim Pro,I'm setting up the streamer to work with an external dac(topping d50s) but the coax out does not work.I tried the spdif and Bluetooth connection and they work fine. Any advice why the coax output does not work?
Thanks - Frank

I have a Wiim Pro,I'm setting up the streamer to work with an external dac(topping d50s) but the coax out does not work.I tried the spdif and Bluetooth connection and they work fine. Any advice why the coax output does not work?
Thanks - Frank
Hi, I have a Topping D50s and had issues feeding in coax - cutting out or just not working at all. Can't guarantee this will work for you, but on my unit I found that the coax input worked when I used a shorter cable. I tried a few different cables, expensive-ish and less so, and the only variable that made a difference as far as I could tell was the length of the cable. 50cm or shorter worked OK.

It wasn't Wiim pro fault, it was the DAC topping D50s. The D50s has a factory bug that causes problems when using the coax connector. The problem is the wrong choice of resistance parameters. This can be easily fixed by making a mod on D50s.

I have only polish version description

https://sites.google.com/site/sq5ebo/topping-d50s-coaxial-mod

I have made a mod that improves the proper resistance of the coax connector in the D50s. I am currently using the correct 75R cable and everything works fine.
Glad it worked. I'm impressed how quick you got that implemented since I've posted a mod screenshot on the Polish forum.

-Solved- After more than a week of testing I tried the RCA cable supplied with the unit and it worked.

Apparently on the unit the coax RCA output is recessed , with some good cable even if is inserted till the end , it doesn't work.

I will diy a coax cable with mogami 2964 and neutrik phono plug which from my test with normal RCA cable it works all the times.

I hope in the future Wiim will design a better coax output that will take bigger RCA plugs.
Thanks for the tips. I was very motivated to get the D50s to work via coax. It turned out that the author of the mod is my friend :) The world is small.

It wasn't Wiim pro fault, it was the DAC topping D50s. The D50s has a factory bug that causes problems when using the coax connector. The problem is the wrong choice of resistance parameters. This can be easily fixed by making a mod on D50s.

I have only polish version description

https://sites.google.com/site/sq5ebo/topping-d50s-coaxial-mod

I have made a mod that improves the proper resistance of the coax connector in the D50s. I am currently using the correct 75R cable and everything works fine.
Ok thanks for the tips. Not really confident in doing this mod but it's good to know that the issue is in the DAC.

I spent hours on this issue, replacing every cable and checking every connection and every bitrate against another source on a setup that used to work. tl;dr I realized this morning that the output volume on wiim was at zero. Turned the volume up and I got audio out via coax. Couldn't find :headsmack: so... 😤

A mí me está pasando lo mismo. Hasta ahora usaba la salida coaxial pero de repente estaba escuchando música y dejó de sonar. Desde entonces sólo puedo utilizar la salida óptica.

Lo extraño es que hasta ahora funcionó bien. No cambié la configuración en absoluto. De repente dejó de escuchar música.

A mí me está pasando lo mismo. Hasta ahora usaba la salida coaxial pero de repente estaba escuchando música y dejó de sonar. Desde entonces sólo puedo utilizar la salida óptica.

Lo extraño es que hasta ahora funcionó bien. No cambié la configuración en absoluto. De repente dejó de escuchar música.
Try a different cable, and reboot your WiiM device and router, then under device settings check for a firmware update. If that fails, submit a ticket to WiiM using the settings/ feedback section in the WiiM Home app so they can inspect your device logs
(PS Please post in English. Thanks)

Try a different cable, and reboot your WiiM device and router, then under device settings check for a firmware update. If that fails, submit a ticket to WiiM using the settings/ feedback section in the WiiM Home app so they can inspect your device logs
(PS Please post in English. Thanks)
Thank you. I'll look for another cable. But it's rare that it stopped working all of a sudden. The cable I have is good and new.

Sorry, I'm using Google Translate and I thought I was posting my message in English.

Back