Eversolo dmp-a6

Bozzz

I’ve been hearing alot about this dac/steamer. Has a lot of bells and whistles. VU meters and 6 inch display. Honestly I’m happy with my pro plus but always itching for newest toy. Doubt if I’ll upgrade the dac, and performance of the pro plus I’d outstanding. Anyone heard about it or have any opinions?

I’ve been hearing alot about this dac/steamer. Has a lot of bells and whistles. VU meters and 6 inch display. Honestly I’m happy with my pro plus but always itching for newest toy. Doubt if I’ll upgrade the dac, and performance of the pro plus I’d outstanding. Anyone heard about it or have any opinions?

The eversolo does have fair bit more features like cd ripper and encoding, screen, also believe it can act as server and dnla service, internal nvme, usb port for HDD, more inputs and outputs, high quality psu and dac. Plus being android has bit more possibility. If it was open source firmware allowed you to install own APK etc, or menu systems but they probably won't allow that.

But it's fair bit more expensive. Plus if you don't need those features then paying several times for something never use. IE if you just want a streamer and using digital out then pointless spending one with high end dac and audiophile analogue section.

Personally the screen is really the appealing thing about for me.

I own never wiim or eversolo. Still trucking on with LMS Squeezebox touch.

If wiim made a streamer that had scanner/service (basically like lms) would be great addition, maybe release a wiim with faster CPU/memory etc to be able to compete with raspberry pi and Nas. Realtek CPU in my ds418 is plenty fasr enough so that in ultra with dnla service would be worthwhile purchase, not everyone has a nas
That way have wiim ultra + HD in main room, the. Wiim pro in other rooms using the ultra as the host dnla server

If wiim made a streamer that had scanner/service (basically like lms) would be great addition, maybe release a wiim with faster CPU/memory etc to be able to compete with raspberry pi and Nas. Realtek CPU in my ds418 is plenty fasr enough so that in ultra with dnla service would be worthwhile purchase, not everyone has a nas
That way have wiim ultra + HD in main room, the. Wiim pro in other rooms using the ultra as the host dnla server
I hear you, but IMHO that's way too low volume a product to interest WiiM very much. The vast majority of WiiM's market (and the audio market overall, really) are people who want to stream from the major content providers -- as well as a good number who are also/more interested in not-so-major, long-tail streamers. That's where the money is. For those folks, WiiM simplifies their life by providing a flexible, comparatively inexpensive OTS product that gives them access to pretty much everything, over whatever network protocol(s) they use or adopt, coupled with really extraordinary support and ongoing development for a product of its type.

While I don't see WiiM coming out with a server-type product such as you describe, I could see them co-marketing with others who do, which would be advantageous to consumers if there's significant coordination and cross-support for those products when used together. I sort of think that may be one of Samsung/Harman's intentions for acquiring Roon, to bolster and value add with their own product lines -- which could have the effect of marginalizing their home and mobile competition. Remains to be seen.

The actual WiiM products will eventually be replaced by better devices. Personally, I'd like to see an HDMI port and a USB port so an external HDD could be used for hosting DLNA service or even LMS. This would keep the cost down but provide useful upgrades.

The actual WiiM products will eventually be replaced by better devices. Personally, I'd like to see an HDMI port and a USB port so an external HDD could be used for hosting DLNA service or even LMS. This would keep the cost down but provide useful upgrades.
Like the WiiM Amp?

The eversolo does have fair bit more features like cd ripper and encoding, screen, also believe it can act as server and dnla service, internal nvme, usb port for HDD, more inputs and outputs, high quality psu and dac. Plus being android has bit more possibility. If it was open source firmware allowed you to install own APK etc, or menu systems but they probably won't allow that.

But it's fair bit more expensive. Plus if you don't need those features then paying several times for something never use. IE if you just want a streamer and using digital out then pointless spending one with high end dac and audiophile analogue section.

Personally the screen is really the appealing thing about for me.

I own never wiim or eversolo. Still trucking on with LMS Squeezebox touch.

Been thinking about it. My Pro Plus does everything I need. The dac sounds amazing. Going to keep it. I’m happy with the sound

Like the WiiM Amp?
Yes, it can serve as a very lightweight music server and supports HDMI and USB (storage, anyway), but do you see them expanding its functionality to come close to what, say, an LMS server can do with libraries as well as streaming and other online services? Much less something as refined as Roon? Do you know if it's able to access music libraries that are shared via NFS or Samba, and do all the fancy stuff in terms of ripping/DLing, organization, indexing, UI, etc.? Or do you think it's just a matter of time before they do?

Don't get me wrong, I think it's pretty amazing at its price point, but I'll confess that I don't maintain much of a digital audio and/or video library, and I'm already covered for amplification, so it's not a device that fills any gaps for me. But if they do it right, I can see it having appeal as a audio Swiss army knife for folks just beginning to put together a basic and inexpensive music system.

Last edited:
Plus being android has bit more possibility. If it was open source firmware allowed you to install own APK etc, or menu systems but they probably won't allow that.
Just FYI- the Eversolo does allow you to sideload other apps. It works quite well, you can even sideload third-party app stores like Aurora, F-Droid or Amazon Appstore to keep everything up to date. There are a few apps that won't work however that depend on Google Play Services which the Eversolo doesn't sipport.

Wiim's software seems to be more refined currently, I guess they have had more development time compared to the Eversolo devs and have less to contend with like the screen and extra features of the A6. Both companies admirably share the ethos of responding to customer feedback and implementing/improving features as required with regular updates. Squeezelite coming to the Wiims (sans mini :( ) for example and in development for the Eversolo.

Great time to be alive for HiFi all in all!

What is more modular and optional than partnering a WiiM with an external DAC?
Why have a device with a DAC if you don't intend to use it (or why buy an amp if you already have a good one)? A modular design allow to buy a streaming device without a DAC or with a DAC that could be upgradable.

I own both the Plus and DMP-A6, I got over the fancy screen on the Eversolo in less than a day. The sound quality of the DMP-A6 is not a thousand dollars better. What I don't like about the Eversolo, the touchscreen is more of a gimmick,. Better for for a headphone setup. Airplay is just garbage and doesn't work as it should. No input sensing so I have to manually switch the input when I want to watch Apple TV. If you're trying to decide between the two, save money and go for the Plus.

@Claudius
So, forget the WiiM Amp, choose a PwP, forget its internal DAC which makes no harm and add a whatever DAC you want. That was my intention (and is in fact my way with the WiiM).

I own both the Plus and DMP-A6, I got over the fancy screen on the Eversolo in less than a day. The sound quality of the DMP-A6 is not a thousand dollars better. What I don't like about the Eversolo, the touchscreen is more of a gimmick,. Better for for a headphone setup. Airplay is just garbage and doesn't work as it should. No input sensing so I have to manually switch the input when I want to watch Apple TV. If you're trying to decide between the two, save money and go for the Plus.

I would miss a screen. Not used a lot , or finger touch used, usuall glance, but nice to have forn album art and track listing or indeed just VU meter

Price difference though...my SB touches only cost me £75 so fair difference in £800 to the eversolo. So yeah can understand saving and go for pro plus

I did post this a while back:

13mins 20secs in he compares to DMP-A6

His findings compliment my own experiences with Zen Stream vs Wiim Pro Coax out using quality external powers supplies on both units.

It is pretty superficial view, DMP A6 is not 1000$ better in sound but it also doesn't cost 1000$ more.
A6 have Apple Music app , so you can stream directly without Airplay and without AAC lossy compression. Sound quality wise, WiiM will work Ok in mid-fi systems, in hi-end system Eversolo DMP A6 sounds like one-tier higher unit with much better soundstage and clarity. Build and look of DMP A6 is outstanding and remote for changing inputs/volume/screen is 20$. That doesn't mean Pro Plus is not excellent value, I was using both in my system with Magnepans.

Last edited:
Back