Eversolo dmp-a6

In Canada the Eversolo costs $1299. I have maggie’s to! I actually ended up using the Wiim with the Maggie’s because i use Airplay and the Apple TV a lot with that system. EverSolo went in my office on my desk and I use it with headphones.
For me it’s much nicer to use when the Screen is an arms length away.

This is a general observation as a long time digital music user - applies to LMS in my case but could equally apply to any other Media Server.

From about 2006 all of the earliest devices I used had some kind of screen but nothing fancy. Just a white on black text only metadata display with control by a remote (or web browser). Then I hankered after a colour touchscreen which was achieved in a number of ways - an SB Touch, an SB Radio and a converted O2 Joggler. Apart from the radio I have still got these but I can count of the fingers of one hand how many times I use the touch aspect during a month. 99.99% of the time control is via my iPhone, iPad or PC. The screens are simply "Now Playing" displays. I don't think I'm in the minority as far as usage habit is concerned.

My point really is that a screen may seem like a must have but it isn't really - it is the DAC that counts.

I did post this a while back:

13mins 20secs in he compares to DMP-A6

His findings compliment my own experiences with Zen Stream vs Wiim Pro Coax out using quality external powers supplies on both units.
This is about it. The WiiM pro with a better powersupply sounds at the same quality level as the Eversolo dmp a6, used as a digital bridge. Meaning that the stock supply for the WiiM pro and + can be bettered.

The inbuilt dac in WiiM pro+ is very good sounding, but slightly better sound can be had with an external dac.

Back