Excellent WiiM app continues to crash on Silicon Mac

To my surprise and delight the iOS (iPAD) version of WiiM Home 2.4.3 is running nice and stable on my 14" M1 Pro MBP. It might be worth another try after updating if you were experiencing the previous consistent crash on startup.

Yeeeee Haaaa !! Indeed ! THX !!
Yep, same here on a M2 macmini pro. App: 2.4.3 230 4074
Great - at last.

Also, my Wiim Mini and Pro are now tethered and over the last 2 days I've found the network more stable - fewer occasions for me to restart the two (esp the mini).

Getting there...

Could not get it to work on my Macbook m1 with MacOS 13.4.1. Crashes a few seconds after opening. I do not understand why WiiM is not fixing this instead of making a separate Mac app (which seems a lot less functional?).

Could not get it to work on my Macbook m1 with MacOS 13.4.1. Crashes a few seconds after opening. I do not understand why WiiM is not fixing this instead of making a separate Mac app (which seems a lot less functional?).
I am not sure we are comparing apples to apples here (my fault) but it runs fine on my iMac M1 2021.

wiim.jpg

I took it to mean they were talking about running the iOS app on a Mac, but might be wrong.
The app I am using has none of the usual OSX characteristics (e.g. About - Settings - etc.) and Qobuz does not appear. It a bare interface and pretty much useless.

This was because my firewall blocked the WiiM app. And WiiM app did not like not having internet access. Instead of alerting the user it would just crash. After allowing the app to access the scary internet it works perfectly.

Back