Excellent WiiM app continues to crash on Silicon Mac

Almakirály

Great app on iPad and iPhone and since available on Mac App Store have had it on my M1 Pro MacBook Pro. Sadly, it still continues to crash instantly upon launch on the Mac even on latest version of both Mac and app. Never launched correctly once. Delete/Reinstall don't help. Please fix.

Same here. M1 MacBook Pro. This is the WiiM app on the official App Store.

There is a different “beta” app with a link on the website. They does run but it doesn’t have much functionality. I can’t figure out what it actually does. But it doesn’t crash 😉

Great app on iPad and iPhone and since available on Mac App Store have had it on my M1 Pro MacBook Pro. Sadly, it still continues to crash instantly upon launch on the Mac even on latest version of both Mac and app. Never launched correctly once. Delete/Reinstall don't help. Please fix.
You’d be best off formally submitting a ticket and if possible include any crash report from your MAC so they can properly investigate it. There’s little in your post that could help them do so.

Thanks ! Initially, during 5 sec it seemed it could work but suddenly the Music Services column disappeared : Capture d’écran 2023-03-05 à 07.45.46.png

Yes very limited, I have been using Home Music Server and Internet Radio Presets, not one issue. Happy with that for now, but seems it's a work in progress for Mac OS Apple silicon.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-03-05 at 6.33.52 pm.png
    Screenshot 2023-03-05 at 6.33.52 pm.png
    349.2 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
My response was relating to this comment by hoppy. Cheers
“There is a different “beta” app with a link on the website. They does run but it doesn’t have much functionality. I can’t figure out what it actually does. But it doesn’t crash 😉

An official response from WiiM, hopefully a fix very soon.
"Our engineers have checked with this issue and fixed some issues for WiIiM Home app on M1/M2 MacBook Pro and will release the new app in this week. Please stay tuned!"

Sadly, newly released 2.4.2 also crashing on opening on an M1 Mac, very disappointing :cry:

Wow, thats amazing, I have the 16" version, crashes everytime. Whats your secret?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-03-21 at 7.00.19 pm.png
    Screenshot 2023-03-21 at 7.00.19 pm.png
    150.7 KB · Views: 11
  • Screenshot 2023-03-21 at 7.02.23 pm.png
    Screenshot 2023-03-21 at 7.02.23 pm.png
    118.3 KB · Views: 7
So many bugs anyway in Mac OS for now…
Yes, I think until they get serious about macOS and create an app in Universal macOS Binary, we are just wasting our time, seems we just need to stick to iphones and ipads for now. I have also had the same issues with BluOS Controller, fine on iOS but frustrating on Apple silicon, Intel Macs also prob fine but, thats no good to us with new hardware.

Yeah, same here... Looking at the release notes, though, this morning's might not yet be the update we're waiting for.

The apps will not load on my iMac 2021. Both apps listed below crash on launch. However, in fairness "13.3 Beta (22E5246b)"

1679594092855.png

Back