Wiim Pro 2 keep disappearing from App

buybeach

My Wiim Pro 2 keeps disappearing from view/functionality to my IOS devices...but not necessarily to both my phone and tablet at the same time.

Sometimes the app appears to be connected to the device but it will not control it. At other times I get a message that the Wiim Pro is connected to my network but needs to be discovered. If content is playing, it continues to stream which more or less rules out loss of WiFi connection.

I am running the current firmware. I am using a WiFi network connection. Signal strength reports as VG. The access point is less than 15 feet from the WiiM. I am simply bewildered by this constant and annoying issue. It has persisted since I got the device and through at least three updates after initial install.

I have already done the following:

Many reboots
Turned off the "standby mode" function
Forced 5 gHz WiFI only
Disabled WiFi roaming
Disabled IVP 6
set the IP lease time on router to 99 days
Closed and relaunched the app on whatever device fails to connect

I have no idea if there is an issue if a user has multiple devices connecting to the WiiM and controlling it at the same time but this seems to work, except when it doesn't. In any case, as best I can tell closing the app on (say) my iPad does not seem to resolve the issue on my iPhone. I am not aware of any local networking issues that might account for this. I have other streaming and connected gadgets that work over WiFI without this weird issue.

Am I alone here or is this a known issue? Any further suggestions?

We once noticed such when my wife's iphone and my ipad tried by accident to use the WiiM app at the same time. We accepted that because it is not the normal use case and did what we always did. She got priority ;-)

We once noticed such when my wife's iphone and my ipad tried by accident to use the WiiM app at the same time. We accepted that because it is not the normal use case and did what we always did. She got priority ;-)
Funny. I find myself wanting to do this frequently. For example if I start playback while using my tablet, then need to stop it while moving around house. Or if reading content on tablet and wanting to keep an eye on playback when streaming random tracks.

It sounds like some sort of discovery issue. What are the details of your network?
I'm not sure what details you have in mind, but I seem already to have answered my question: if this issue is common and driving folks nuts, there's no sign of it here from the replies I have received. I will try to quit using one or the other of my devices to control this gadget and see if it persists in the absence of multiple devices on the network interacting with the Wiim Pro.

My question was in relation to do you, for example, have a straightforward network like I have where everything feeds off one wifi SSID from my router, or do you use network extenders, a mesh network, VLANs etc. Given the simplicity of my network, I don’t see any of the issues some might have in a more complex network setup.

Simple as pie. One SSID. No mesh. Three access points including the router, hence locked to 5ghz and roaming disabled. No VLANS, no weirdness. Well maybe something but if so can’t guess at it. The device never loses WiFi connection, it’s my phone app that drops it entirely or sees it as on the network but unavailable.

IMG_6745.png

Back