Airplay and Spotify Connect keeps disappearing

roblopo

When I restart my Wiim Mini, everything works fine. It is showing up as Airplay device and also in Spotify as Spotify connect device.
The next day it is not showing in the Airplay devices and also not in Spotify. But it is connected to my wifi, and also no problem in the Wiim App. Just the two services have disappeard.

Next day = dhcp release by router or wiim was sleeping
My router is huawei 5g cpe pro.

Wiim is connected to 5ghz. UPNP is enabled. Also tried to give the Wiim a fixed IP. Nothing helped...
All devices up to date.

Fun fact: on the same network I also have an Airplay Express which is working without any problems as a Airplay device. Never disappearing. So that's why I'm guessing it's Wiim related...

Any ideas?

When I restart my Wiim Mini, everything works fine. It is showing up as Airplay device and also in Spotify as Spotify connect device.
The next day it is not showing in the Airplay devices and also not in Spotify. But it is connected to my wifi, and also no problem in the Wiim App. Just the two services have disappeard.

Next day = dhcp release by router or wiim was sleeping
My router is huawei 5g cpe pro.

Wiim is connected to 5ghz. UPNP is enabled. Also tried to give the Wiim a fixed IP. Nothing helped...
All devices up to date.

Fun fact: on the same network I also have an Airplay Express which is working without any problems as a Airplay device. Never disappearing. So that's why I'm guessing it's Wiim related...

Any ideas?
Hi roblopo,

Could you please verify if the LED light on the WiiM Mini is solid white? Also, could you check if your router lists the WiiM Mini as a connected device?

Please also send us a ticket with the WiiM Home App so we can check it further. Thank you for your patience!

Hi, yes the connection is all good. It is white and the wiim shows up in the app. I can start music all fine within the app. But just the airplay service and spotify connect service has disappeared.

I have now disabled the sleep mode on the wiim to see if that's working any better.

Back