Spotify Connect vs AirPlay

UKNick

After quite a bit of testing with Apple and Amazon Music, I’ve landed on Spotify as my preferred streaming source due to a better interface and little if any difference in discernible quality. The ability from my iPhone to select music within the Spotify app and stream to speakers either through airplay or Spotify connect seems to me easier and quicker…

My question to members is their experience of using airplay to group speakers vs grouping multiple WiiM devices such as Amp and a Mini? I have a Sonos Play 5 in my kitchen which has a 3.5mm aux in which I can connect to a mini and group with the Amp for Spotify connect - what’s the view of this setup vs grouping using AirPlay?? What might be the pro’s and cons?

If you use Spotify Connect, the stream will be delivered straight to your devices. If you use Airplay, the stream will be delivered to your phone and then sent to your devices, so personally I’d avoid that.

If you use Spotify Connect, the stream will be delivered straight to your devices. If you use Airplay, the stream will be delivered to your phone and then sent to your devices, so personally I’d avoid that.
Is there any quality limitation going through a 3.5 jack??

Back