Spotify Connect Responsiveness?

wwwimamp

Hello,via Spotify Connect, selecting songs in the Spotify app is slower than when I play Spotify directly through the device I'm currently using. Is this normal?
For example, when I'm on my Mac or iPhone browsing through a Spotify playlist, the songs play or switch immediately without any delay.
However, when I'm connected via Spotify Connect to a Sonos One or WiiM Amp, the app (on both Mac and iPhone) is not as responsive. It takes about 1-2 seconds for the clicked song in the playlist to be selected/highlighted and for playback to start.

Since the Sonos-playback is also affected it is obviously no WiiM-problem. I just wanted to ask you guys anyways! Thanks!

Hello,via Spotify Connect, selecting songs in the Spotify app is slower than when I play Spotify directly through the device I'm currently using. Is this normal?
For example, when I'm on my Mac or iPhone browsing through a Spotify playlist, the songs play or switch immediately without any delay.
However, when I'm connected via Spotify Connect to a Sonos One or WiiM Amp, the app (on both Mac and iPhone) is not as responsive. It takes about 1-2 seconds for the clicked song in the playlist to be selected/highlighted and for playback to start.

Since the Sonos-playback is also affected it is obviously no WiiM-problem. I just wanted to ask you guys anyways! Thanks!
I use Spotify connect on my WiiM and I don't feel any lag. However, there is a possibility of increased latency compared to playing directly on a device such as a phone. I think it mainly has to do with the network speed of your home.

It might be worth opening the network settings in the WIIM HOME app and trying to turn off DNS and IPv6. Also, if you have a Wi-Fi connection, lock it to 5GHz or switch to an Ethernet connection.

I use Spotify connect on my WiiM and I don't feel any lag. However, there is a possibility of increased latency compared to playing directly on a device such as a phone. I think it mainly has to do with the network speed of your home.

It might be worth opening the network settings in the WIIM HOME app and trying to turn off DNS and IPv6. Also, if you have a Wi-Fi connection, lock it to 5GHz or switch to an Ethernet connection.

Thanks you for your reply. I turned off DNS and IPv6. My WiiM is already connected via Ethernet. Spotifiy is behaving the same as before :/

Thanks you for your reply. I turned off DNS and IPv6. My WiiM is already connected via Ethernet. Spotifiy is behaving the same as before :/

Do you think you're using Spotify connect, but it's possible that you're actually connecting with Google cast?

If not, it's unlikely that this will help you, but if you haven't tried it yet.

- Try a Wi-Fi connection.
- Reinstall the Spotify app
- Restart the router

Sorry, I don't have any more ideas...

Back