RESOLVED: Problems seeing WiiM devices using Spotify

hz79hc

Can’t be sure whether this is a WiiM issue or Spotify?
I have 2 Minis and 1 WiiM Pro (hardwired Ethernet)
My iPhone and Spotify app constantly have difficulty finding my WiiM devices. I often have to open Spotify on my Mac to find all the WiiM to choose which I want to play to. Sometimes I can also find them using the Roku Spotify app. Almost never see them listed on iphone
HELP please!
Thanks,
Warren

Can’t be sure whether this is a WiiM issue or Spotify?
I have 2 Minis and 1 WiiM Pro (hardwired Ethernet)
My iPhone and Spotify app constantly have difficulty finding my WiiM devices. I often have to open Spotify on my Mac to find all the WiiM to choose which I want to play to. Sometimes I can also find them using the Roku Spotify app. Almost never see them listed on iphone
HELP please!
Thanks,
Warren
Forgot to add I use paid Spotify & that on my Mac I can often pick a WiiM to hand off to after I start streaming on a different device on same wireless or wired network!

There is an obscure setting within the mobile(iOS in my case) Spotify app
Find the app’s settings on the menu at upper left
Devices > Show local devices only
Turn that damned setting OFF

Good day to all!

Now you mention it, I do recall others having the same issue!
Glad you got it sorted, with no help whatsoever from anyone here ;)

There is an obscure setting within the mobile(iOS in my case) Spotify app
Find the app’s settings on the menu at upper left
Devices > Show local devices only
Turn that damned setting OFF

Good day to all!
Hardly obscure I’d say - my standard response to people not finding their echo devices in the Spotify app is to a) ask “Alexa, Spotify Connect” and b) make sure “local devices only” is off since while their echo might be local, Alexa as a cloud service isn’t. Re WiiM, this might be a side effect of their Amazon Music support and visibility within the Alexa app having been developed using the Alexa MRM SDK, or indeed of Spotify Connect itself.

Hardly obscure I’d say - my standard response to people not finding their echo devices in the Spotify app is to a) ask “Alexa, Spotify Connect” and b) make sure “local devices only” is off since while their echo might be local, Alexa as a cloud service isn’t. Re WiiM, this might be a side effect of their Amazon Music support and visibility within the Alexa app having been developed using the Alexa MRM SDK, or indeed of Spotify Connect itself.
Obscure enough for most mere mortals though ;)
Even with that option enabled, I still see all my "local" spotify connect devices, but maybe that's 'cos I have a single ssid for both bands across all access points.

Back