Play with Spotify free account is not available after switch on

mrazoun

Hi,
I have trouble with playing Spotify using free account on my Wiim mini..
When I make new configuration, it work's OK.
But when I switch off and switch on the Wiim mini, Spotify app not allow to choose device Wiim mini. The message "When do you want to listen, buy Spotify premium" is displayed in Spotify app.
When I set the Wiim mini back into factory settings, procedure can be repeated.

Thank you in advance.

I’d leave the Mini switched on given it consumes so little power if it’s causing you to factory reset to get it working each time.

I’d leave the Mini switched on given it consumes so little power if it’s causing you to factory reset to get it working each time.
Yes you are right, the power consumption seems be low.
But I would like to find true reason of reported issue.
Mayby developers can help.

Yes you are right, the power consumption seems be low.
But I would like to find true reason of reported issue.
Mayby developers can help.
Hi mrazoun,

To assist you swiftly, could you submit a ticket through the WiiM Home App? Just go to 'Settings' > 'Feedback'. We'll start troubleshooting right away. Thank you!

Hi mrazoun,

To assist you swiftly, could you submit a ticket through the WiiM Home App? Just go to 'Settings' > 'Feedback'. We'll start troubleshooting right away. Thank you!
Hi Support,
thank you for quick reaction, also thank you for products - Wiim mini and app.
I sent a ticket according your wishes.

Hey everyone, jumping on the Spotify free account wagon here! This whole "pay to play" situation is a bit of a bummer. Don't get me wrong, artists deserve to be compensated for their work, but sometimes you just want to jam out without whipping out the credit card.

Maybe there's a happy medium somewhere? A free tier with limited skips or shuffle only, and then premium for on-demand access. That way everyone wins!

For now, at least the reset trick seems to be working for folks . Just feels like jumping through hoops to avoid a buy spotify streams.

Last edited:
Back