Spotify Free no longer available on WiiM?

Doublej

Major Contributor
When I try to play free Spotify on my WiiM Pro Plus, I now get the following under the device name in Spotify, Get Spotify Premium to listen.

I guess that what we get when the competitor, Tidal, discontinues their free tier.

Spotify Connect free still working for me on my mini, Pro, Pro Plus and Amp. Try rebooting your device and router and restart your Spotify app

No joy.

I restarted my cable modem and WiFi router as well as multiple devices including iPhone, iMac, and Windows 11 laptop. Spotify still give me a Get Spotify Premium to listen when I launch Spotify from each of these devices and try to change the output to my WiiM Pro Plus or any other Spotify endpoint.

What is odd is all of the devices except for the one I have the Spotify app open on are showing as being On other Networks.

I am running the latest version of the Spotify app on each device. I think a recent update to the app did me in.

Last edited:
Hi Doublej,

what version of the Spotify app are you running ?

Working fine for me on the following

Spotify for Windows (64 bit)
1.2.33.1039.g8ddb5918

Spotify Android 13

No joy.

I restarted my cable modem and WiFi router as well as multiple devices including iPhone, iMac, and Windows 11 laptop. Spotify still give me a Get Spotify Premium to listen when I launch Spotify from each of these devices and try to change the output to my WiiM Pro Plus or any other Spotify endpoint.

What is odd is all of the devices except for the one I have the Spotify app open on are showing as being On other Networks.

I am running the latest version of the Spotify app on each device. I think a recent update to the app did me in.
Have you tried reinstalling the Spotify app?

Windows 11 and macOS, Spotify 1.2.33.1039.g8ddb5918.

I did try removing it from my Window 11 machine and reinstalling it. Same behavior, but the devices are now showing as on the same network.

I'll wait and see if the problem fixes itself over the next few days. Will post an update later in the week.

Thanks everyone for your input.

Something funky is going on somewhere with my setup. Three nights ago, I unlinked Spotify from Alexa, rebooted all my devices and then I could once again play Spotify free on my WiiM Pro Plus. That lasted an evening. The next morning Spotify was back to telling me to get Spotify Premium to listen on my WiiM.

Back