WiFi connection problems

As of last week, I can't make any streaming services connect to my wiim devices. I have a pro and 2 minis. I've tried factory resets as well as reinstalling the app and deleting app data. I can play music from a line in source on all 3 devices, but none of them will connect to streaming. I've tried Spotify and tidal. I've tried connecting from the wiim app as well as the Spotify and tidal apps.

As of last week, I can't make any streaming services connect to my wiim devices. I have a pro and 2 minis. I've tried factory resets as well as reinstalling the app and deleting app data. I can play music from a line in source on all 3 devices, but none of them will connect to streaming. I've tried Spotify and tidal. I've tried connecting from the wiim app as well as the Spotify and tidal apps.
Since you already factory reset, send message from wiim app. They will see your log what’s causing it.

Have you already tried rebooting your Wi-Fi router?

Did you try fiddling with the few network options in the wiim app, such as preferred dns server?

Seeing as all 3 wiims stopped working, and the post implies all at the same time, what changed in your network setup?

Edit: I know the post is about wifi issues, but does a pro work if wired in instead? i.e. to show if it's a general network issue or a wifi specific issue.

Last edited:
Did you try fiddling with the few network options in the wiim app, such as preferred dns server?

Seeing as all 3 wiims stopped working, and the post implies all at the same time, what changed in your network setup?

Edit: I know the post is about wifi issues, but does a pro work if wired in instead? i.e. to show if it's a general network issue or a wifi specific issue.
I haven't tried networking options I'm the wiim app I hadn't found them yet, but I was thinking that there might be something there I was using a DNS ad blocker in the router, but turning that on didn't coincide with the loss of connectivity she's I tried turning it off.

Regarding running the pro wired, I was never able to get that to work well with multiroom, which is the main way I run things.

All the setup functions work and I can run multiroom with the line in, it's just the outside world that's a problem (haven't tried Chromecasting) that so makes me think it's gotta be in the app, like you suggest.

Another thing: any tries to search for music from the app fail to get any results.

Update, I tried switching the devices to preferred DNS and it didn't work. No difference

Back