Can't get WiiM Pro to play hi Res radio.

Phosphoric

Brand new WiiM Pro set up. Works fine at the moment streaming music from Spotify and my extensive music collection of FLAC files on NAS.
However, I can't seem to get Hi Res radio stations on Tunein or vTuner to connect. The only stations that seem to be available are relatively low res, below 100kbps, can't even get BBC Radio 3!
I can connect and stream thousands by casting Open Radio from my phone or radio stations from Moode on a RPI via optical input. That's not the point really, I purchased the WiiM Pro to use as a one stop shop without fiddling about with other applications.

What I've tried so far, deleting and reinstalling the app, internet access by cable or wifi ( WiiM Pro is just 2 m from mesh router), different power supply. I've also tried typing in known good URLs in Open Network Stream ( always try the URL on my PC first to make sure it is valid).
I've spent a lot of time searching forums but can't find a solution.

My next step was to subscribe to Tidal for hi res audio but I don't want to spend out £20 on that only to find it won't stream in Hi Res. I can't get a free trial of Tidal as I had an account a couple of years ago connected to my email address.
Need some help please :)

Couple of reasons I guess - they want more people to use BBC Sounds so they get audience statistics to “improve the service” and see what people are (or aren’t) listening to, and secondly, their charter and licensing probably prevents them from giving access to all content and hi res steams outwith the Uk.
Sounds about right. 🤓
And talking of sounds I am listening to BBC radio 3 as I'm typing. Streaming quite nicely from BBC sounds. All is well thank you.🙌

Brand new WiiM Pro set up. Works fine at the moment streaming music from Spotify and my extensive music collection of FLAC files on NAS.
However, I can't seem to get Hi Res radio stations on Tunein or vTuner to connect. The only stations that seem to be available are relatively low res, below 100kbps, can't even get BBC Radio 3!
I can connect and stream thousands by casting Open Radio from my phone or radio stations from Moode on a RPI via optical input. That's not the point really, I purchased the WiiM Pro to use as a one stop shop without fiddling about with other applications.

What I've tried so far, deleting and reinstalling the app, internet access by cable or wifi ( WiiM Pro is just 2 m from mesh router), different power supply. I've also tried typing in known good URLs in Open Network Stream ( always try the URL on my PC first to make sure it is valid).
I've spent a lot of time searching forums but can't find a solution.

My next step was to subscribe to Tidal for hi res audio but I don't want to spend out £20 on that only to find it won't stream in Hi Res. I can't get a free trial of Tidal as I had an account a couple of years ago connected to my email address.
Need some help please :)
Hi try another email account?
Tidal is reducing the price of their hi-res pricing in April, I think its going to be £10.99 the same as the hi-fi tier :)

Hi try another email account?
Tidal is reducing the price of their hi-res pricing in April, I think its going to be £10.99 the same as the hi-fi tier :)
Thanks gazza, that was another idea but I think I'll just wait until April10th when the hi-fi tier goes down in price.
Plenty more to explore until then. :)

Back