WiiM Pro will not show up in Google Home app

PremPlus

I've looked at similar topics to this and tried other solutions and nothing seems to work.

My Chromecast via the WiiM app is set to enabled for the device I want to add. I'm on the same network, both are connected. I just can't seem to get the WiiM Pro to show up in the Google Home.

Any additional troubleshooting tips are greatly appreciated.

Have you done a full factory reset of your WiiM device and tried setting it up afresh? Others have also commented that it may take some time before it appears in the Google home app.

Notwithstanding that, can you ChromeCast to the WiiM device from your phone?

So it's a fairly new setup, but was connected for a couple weeks and didn't show up. So I did a few reboots and a factory reset, still no dice.

In the opposite direction it seems to work. If I hit on Chromecast on Youtube Music for example, both my WiiM Pro's show up as possible casting options. But in the Google Home app, it just keeps going from "Looking for devices" back to "What are you setting up?".

Have you done a full factory reset of your WiiM device and tried setting it up afresh? Others have also commented that it may take some time before it appears in the Google home app.

Notwithstanding that, can you ChromeCast to the WiiM device from your phone?

So I also have an Alexa Dot, so I tried to set it up with that instead. Even weirder problem, everything through my Dot works through the WiiM Pro. If I ask Alexa what time it is, or for any voice commands they come out of the ceiling speaker. When I try to play Spotify music, it will only pay through the Dot speaker. I can see the WiiM as an option to select as a source but it won't play through there, it just keeps defaulting back to the Dot speaker. Ever heard of that before?

I’d need more info on what you set up in relation to Alexa and your Echo Dot and what your “ceiling speaker” refers to. Also, sounds like you may have used a group or device preferred speaker setting in the alexa app if you have audio coming from a device you don’t expect.

I have speakers in my ceiling that are wired to an amp that's connected via the AUX input to a WiiM Pro. If I play Spotify on my phone I can select the WiiM Pro as a source and play music through those same ceiling speakers. Just one room setup at the moment like that.

I followed the steps provided by WiiM to setup an Echo Dot as a control option, so I can say "Alexa, play music" and it'll play through the speakers connected to the WiiM Pro. Setup was successful in that my Alexa voice comes through those speakers. However when I want to play music, the music will only come out of the Echo Dot itself, I can't get the music to come through the WiiM Pro through the Alexa app or with voice control.

Does that help?

I have speakers in my ceiling that are wired to an amp that's connected via the AUX input to a WiiM Pro. If I play Spotify on my phone I can select the WiiM Pro as a source and play music through those same ceiling speakers. Just one room setup at the moment like that.

I followed the steps provided by WiiM to setup an Echo Dot as a control option, so I can say "Alexa, play music" and it'll play through the speakers connected to the WiiM Pro. Setup was successful in that my Alexa voice comes through those speakers. However when I want to play music, the music will only come out of the Echo Dot itself, I can't get the music to come through the WiiM Pro through the Alexa app or with voice control.

Does that help?
If the WiiM pro is the preferred speaker in the device settings of the Echo Dot, change it to "Built-in speaker (echo dot)". The voice of alexa then comes from the Echo dot. (If you want to hear Alexa's voice from the speaker, you don't need to change it.)

If you want to play music on your WiiM's speaker, create a new group and put only Echo dot in it. Then change the group's music speakers to WiiM.

Does that help?
Thanks, see the first half of this post below (up to where it talks about the echo link or Roon which isn’t relevant to your setup) but hopefully that explains in more detail how you can use or setup a WiiM device to play music via Alexa. As @Wiimer says above, you need to tell the Echo which device you prefer music to play out of as by default it will use its own internal speaker.

Post in thread 'Roon/ WiiM Pro/Amazon Echo Link/ MRM (Multi-Room-Music) Problems Getting Started'
https://forum.wiimhome.com/threads/...usic-problems-getting-started.2016/post-30459

Last edited:
Back