issues with analog line-in

dmac

I just purchased a WiiM Pro with the intent to connect to a client’s in-house Sonos system from an analog audio source (in this case, my Rane ONE pro DJ Controller).
I will be DJing an event at their home this weekend and they requested I play music through their home speakers (supplemental to the powered PA speakers I am bringing).

Using the WiiM Pro as a transmitter (following WiiM Home's instructions) I am using the WiiM home app to connect to specific speakers in the system. Using the WiiM Pro's Line-in RCA port, I want to connect my Rane ONE.

During set-up and testing, I was able to connect to specific Sonos areas via AirPlay but there was a lot of static (like a radio station not quite tuned in) through the Sonos speakers. Note I was using a compact Numark DJ2Go2 with 1/8 in. unamplified audio out instead of the Rane ONE.

I’ve already attempted controlling output volume via the WiiM home app and there’s no discernible change. Also adjusting the volume on my controller does nothing to mitigate the noise in the audio signal. Am I doing something wrong?

A lengthy call with tech support at WiiM led to the conclusion the issue is simply a faulty unit. I bought a replacement WiiM Pro to test the theory but I'm not entirely convinced I'll get different results.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:
I will add that the audio signal coming out of the controller is clean and distortion-free. The issue chain starts with the WiiM Pro connecting to the Sonos speakers.

Back