Line in -> Airplay Stuttering

lexicondal

Hi,
I have a Wiim pro and a few airplay speakers. Until recently I was able to put airplay through to the speakers, but it started working weirdly yesterday. Rebooting and factory resetting did not improve anything. I _think_ I was using it properly in the day, then in the evening it broke. I think the app updated, but I am unsure about the firmware version.

When using line in -> airplay speakers it seems to stutter and stops playing every few seconds. It comes in and out.
Any other configuration seems to work (line in -> line out is fine, airplay -> airplay is fine, airplay -> line out is fine).

App version: 2.6.7
Firmware: 4.8.539349
Also as a note, I sent in-app feedback already. I want to know if there is a solution from the community.

Confirming that the same issue is happening to me as well. Very disappointing after I only recently purchased the product a few weeks ago for this purpose. Worked fine until most recent update.

If you haven’t done it already, it’s imperative that you use the feedback section in the WiiM Home app to report such issues. WiiM will then be able to inspect your device logs for clues to the issue and hopefully provide a fix.

As I sit here this evening listening to spotify, I seem to notice the same "stuttering". I submitted a ticket for this... not of utmost concern, but agree it seems like something is off with the recent update.

Hi. I picked up a WiiM Pro for Xmas with a view to casting my turntable through my Rotel Amp, into the WiiM (via pre-out) and finally to my Sonos 2nd Gen speakers to enable me to listen to my turntable throughout the house (t’was the hope anyway).

I had exactly the same issue as described by @lexicondal yesterday lunchtime. I.e intermittent but poor quality sound coming through. Have tried re-booting and updating firmware today and now nothing is coming through at all.

I have also submitted a ticket but I’m curious to know if anyone has had any success or resolution since posting about this?

Many thanks

Ed

Hi. I picked up a WiiM Pro for Xmas with a view to casting my turntable through my Rotel Amp, into the WiiM (via pre-out) and finally to my Sonos 2nd Gen speakers to enable me to listen to my turntable throughout the house (t’was the hope anyway).

I had exactly the same issue as described by @lexicondal yesterday lunchtime. I.e intermittent but poor quality sound coming through. Have tried re-booting and updating firmware today and now nothing is coming through at all.

I have also submitted a ticket but I’m curious to know if anyone has had any success or resolution since posting about this?

Many thanks

Ed
Hi Ed,

We've released a new firmware update (version 4.8.540047) to address the Line-in > AirPlay cast stuttering issue. To verify your device's update, please navigate in the WiiM Home App: 'Devices' > 'Device Settings' (gear icon) > 'Device Info' > 'Firmware Version'.

Also, ensure that AirPlay Cast is selected as your audio output in the 'Now Playing' UI on the WiiM Home App.

Let us know if you require further assistance.

Hi Ed,

We've released a new firmware update (version 4.8.540047) to address the Line-in > AirPlay cast stuttering issue. To verify your device's update, please navigate in the WiiM Home App: 'Devices' > 'Device Settings' (gear icon) > 'Device Info' > 'Firmware Version'.

Also, ensure that AirPlay Cast is selected as your audio output in the 'Now Playing' UI on the WiiM Home App.

Let us know if you require further assistance.
I'm on 4.5.606344 and Airplay is unusable. Will drop out for 30 seconds at a time or not play at all...then work fine for minutes at a time. Tried multiple devices. Streaming music natively works great over wifi.

Back