WIIM Mini and analog input

JFL

Hi,

I got my Wiim mini a couple of months ago.As I listened through Qobuz music through my analog Denon amp with no digital input(coaxial,spdif..)I came to realize to my despair that doing so I can't take advantage of real Hi Res from Qobuz but stuck with CD quality:am I right to think so or when Ilistened to Hi Res on Qobuz,I really hear Hi Res?

Thx for enlightning me on that matter..
Jean-François

HiRes is a very loosely defined term to start with, but even more importantly it is used for digital data, only.

At some point on time there has to be a digital to analog conversion anyway. If the digital input signal is "real HiRes", then that's what you get (up to what the Mini supports, which means up to 192 kHz/24 bit ).

It's rather a question of if the Mini is good enough as a.DAC and if the analog components are good enough to retrieve maximum quality. But this is not necessarily related to HiRes or not.

HiRes is a very loosely defined term to start with, but even more importantly it is used for digital data, only.

At some point on time there has to be a digital to analog conversion anyway. If the digital input signal is "real HiRes", then that's what you get (up to what the Mini supports, which means up to 192 kHz/24 bit ).

It's rather a question of if the Mini is good enough as a.DAC and if the analog components are good enough to retrieve maximum quality. But this is not necessarily related to HiRes or not.
So if I read carefully,I plugged my Wiim Mini correctly in my Denon amp and I stream Qobuz through the Wiim Mini app and I listen to whatever format Qobuz is offering me as CD quality,24bit 96.0 Khz or more on WiFi?

the quality of the output of the mini in ana is modest (not even that of a correct cd player)..and it has nothing to do with the formats supported... but will remain practical-useful but forgotten the interest of more than 44/16

So if I read carefully,I plugged my Wiim Mini correctly in my Denon amp and I stream Qobuz through the Wiim Mini app and I listen to whatever format Qobuz is offering me as CD quality,24bit 96.0 Khz or more on WiFi?
If you have set the qobuz quality within the wiim app then yes.
3 line hamburger menu option somewhere on the first page when you choose qobuz

As has been mentioned, the practical limit to the overall sound quality here is the dac/analog output of the mini.

if you’re using the analog output, how would you know you’re only getting CD quality? Check the streaming setting on the Qobuz page in the WiiM app to check if you’ve configured Qobuz to send higher quality tracks to your WiiM.

Back