Strange loudness difference for a specific Tidal album, WiiM mini Vs rest of the world...

merifon

Major Contributor
Hi everyone, the album is "Ohio Players", the new one from The Black Keys. Tidal hi-fi plus tier.
Having WiiM mini toslink connected to a Nad amp, also running Bluos, I can play such album in different flavors:
1 Tidal connect through bluos (96KHz flac)
2 Tidal connect through WiiM mini. (96KHz flac) toslink
3 Bluos app direct (MQA 96KHz)
4 Bluos app direct (44.1KHz flac)
5 WiiM app direct (96KHz flac) toslink

When I play 2 an 5, the overall volume is much lower. There shouldn't be difference, mini is "bit perfect" and all other songs played so far didn't had ever any difference. Playing with Bluos or WiiM, never ear any difference so I'm curious why this specific album have them.
I was thinking about a problem of just updated FW, but checking with any other album or song confirmed difference so far just for this album.
Definitely, I'm curious why. Could anyone explain? (Hoping my resume was enough clear)...
Just for info, I tried Qobuz from WiiM app and Bluos app and no differences in volume.

Such strange difference, desappeared after changed back and fort Tidal volume normalization settings. It shouldn't work with connect feature and apply on Tidal app direct play only.
Anyway, after that no more differences in loudness are present, with any setting.
Problem closed, maybe was just an astral alignment...

Back