Bandcamp,Presto Music in hi res through app

JFL

Hi,
Just got my Wiim Mini today.After some test with Qobuz in hi res up to 92,I tried through my purchases in Bandcamp and Presto music to get hi res formats but it it has downgraded to cd quality…
So,I supposed that’s the way it is?
JF

Are you using the Bandcamp app, or trying to play the downloaded files? What format are they and what platform are you using , iOS or Android?
Yes,I use the BC app and the Presto Musical app.The BC app shows this(see attach files).Same thing for Presto Music app.(originally

Hi-RES 96 kHz, 24 bit).I use my iPad Air(5th gen) and my iPhone 12.

Attachments

• IMG_0176.jpeg
    IMG_0176.jpeg
    861.8 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0177.jpeg
    IMG_0177.jpeg
    730.4 KB · Views: 3
You’re using airplay by the looks of things and the best that supports is 24/48, although in the instances your show the first looks like a lossy 256kbps while the second might be lossless ALAC going by its bitrate. Does the documentation for either app explain what happens when you use airplay?

You’re using airplay by the looks of things and the best that supports is 24/48, although in the instances your show the first looks like a lossy 256kbps while the second might be lossless ALAC going by its bitrate. Does the documentation for either app explain what happens when you use airplay?
Didn't find anything in the documentation with my WIIM Mini..

I can’t find anything re the Presto app and Airplay, so unless someone here had experience, you may need to email their support department and ask them what file format and resolution is used when the app uses airplay 2 to cast to a device such as WiiM. Note that Airplay 2 is likely to be the constraining factor, not the WiiM device per se.

In order to get the full file resolution, Bandcamp or Presto would need to be built into the WiiM Home app - I suggest you submit a ticket to WiiM asking them to consider such implementations.

I can’t find anything re the Presto app and Airplay, so unless someone here had experience, you may need to email their support department and ask them what file format and resolution is used when the app uses airplay 2 to cast to a device such as WiiM. Note that Airplay 2 is likely to be the constraining factor, not the WiiM device per se.

In order to get the full file resolution, Bandcamp or Presto would need to be built into the WiiM Home app - I suggest you submit a ticket to WiiM asking them to consider such implementations.
THX for taking the time to reply fast and professional..👌🏻

Bandcamp do not stream in hires or even lossless. Bandcamp is lossy mp3 you buy the content to play outside of their app. If you using an iPhone then presto will only stream up to 44.1/16 as that’s the airplay limit for non video stuff. There is no other way to stream to the Wiim other than airplay from iOS from these apps. Unless the app has its own connect protocol or supports UPnP streaming or Chromecast you are bound to the limits of Airplay.

Bandcamp do not stream in hires or even lossless. Bandcamp is lossy mp3 you buy the content to play outside of their app. If you using an iPhone then presto will only stream up to 44.1/16 as that’s the airplay limit for non video stuff. There is no other way to stream to the Wiim other than airplay from iOS from these apps. Unless the app has its own connect protocol or supports UPnP streaming or Chromecast you are bound to the limits of Airplay.
Thx for the precision..

Back