Tidal connect states FLAC but WiiM won’t stream over 96/24

Davidb

Let me start by saying, I love this device. Second, this feature was working less than a week ago. For some reason it just doesn’t anymore. Even dedicated tidal flac files show as MQA in the WiiM app when sent via tidal connect. I have also noticed that my streamer hasn’t been updated with the newest batch release. Not sure what’s going on but any help would be appreciated. I’ve factory reset it and both apps already, no dice.

Let me start by saying, I love this device. Second, this feature was working less than a week ago. For some reason it just doesn’t anymore. Even dedicated tidal flac files show as MQA in the WiiM app when sent via tidal connect. I have also noticed that my streamer hasn’t been updated with the newest batch release. Not sure what’s going on but any help would be appreciated. I’ve factory reset it and both apps already, no dice.
Hi Davidb,

Please send a feedback ticket with the WiiM Home App. Our team will troubleshoot it for you immediately. Thank you!

Hi Davidb,

Please send a feedback ticket with the WiiM Home App. Our team will troubleshoot it for you immediately. Thank you!
496327 is the ticket number

Hi! I have the similar issue since few days. I thought I am alone with this problem. Tidal app switch all flacs to mqa when connected to wiim pro plus. Some hi-res flacs are reducted to 16/44 in connect. There is no issue when playing straight from wiim home app.

Last edited:
Hi! I have the similar issue since few days. I thought I am alone with this problem. Tidal app switch all flacs to mqa when connected to wiim pro plus. Some hi-res flacs are reducted to 16/44 in connect. There is no issue when playing straight from wiim home app.
That’s exactly what I’ve been experiencing. Hope they get it working again

Back