Wiim Pro Track Selection Latency

Rolls59

Hi. I’m looking for insight on a playback latency issue I encounter when streaming Qobuz via the WiiM’s app and WiFi connection.

When selecting individual Qobuz tracks under my “favorites” list, their is an approximate delay of about 5 seconds before the track begins playing. So, say I am playing a track by Bad Company and want to immediately switch to a track by Steely Dan. It takes the WiiM a solid 5 seconds to begin playing Steely Dan after the pause of the Bad Company track.

This may seem insignificant but the seconds start to really add up throughout an evening of listening. Suffice to say it’s very obnoxious and has become a deal breaker for me if I cannot find a resolution, or if WiiM doesn’t address the issue in a future update. I have a strong WiFi connection and fast internet speed, and didn’t have any such issue with a Bluesound Node. But aside from this one issue the WiiM Pro fits all my needs. I especially appreciate the Parametric EQ feature, which I don’t want to give up by potentially going back to a Node.

I’ve tried all manner of settings under the WiiM menu to attempt a resolution with no avail. So my conclusion thus far is that it must be a firmware/software issue. The latency isn’t as bad when streaming Tidal, but I don’t care for Tidal’s sound quality. It’s also not an issue when the WiiM is automatically playing through the tracks of a selected album. It only occurs when selecting individual tracks from different artists/albums.

Any insight is appreciated but please keep in mind I’ve tried any and all settings in the app, in addition to rebooting the WiiM and reinstalling the app. Maybe someone knows if WiiM is working on a resolution?

This is similar to issues i've had wherein the Wiim technically works most of the time but is buggy enough to where it becomes frustrating. I just want to listen to my damn music not reboot or troubleshoot every few days.

Back