First time connection issues

Staresyj

Major Contributor
I’ve had 2 Wiim Pro’s since late 2022 and barely had one problem. But the day has come.. haven’t changed anything with my network, everything the same as yesterday. But today, seems like whilst the Wiim pro is online it’s saying it can’t find it. Very odd, suggests I try band separation on home hub, but never had this issue before. Only thing change is new IOS update, can’t see why that would alter things?

I’ve had 2 Wiim Pro’s since late 2022 and barely had one problem. But the day has come.. haven’t changed anything with my network, everything the same as yesterday. But today, seems like whilst the Wiim pro is online it’s saying it can’t find it. Very odd, suggests I try band separation on home hub, but never had this issue before. Only thing change is new IOS update, can’t see why that would alter things?
Now, after 2 mins it’s fixed itself. How strange.

Now, after 2 mins it’s fixed itself. How strange.
And it’s gone all weird again… somehow, the Wiim Pro settings changed all by itself from only use 5g connection? I never touched anything I promise. One possible explanation I have. When I set up both Pro’s I paired the wifi connection to my router and made sure that my iPhone was also connected to the router, I say this (as I know it’s obvious as part of the connection process) because I also have a mesh extension set up for wifi around the house. Sometimes my iPhone will move from being connected to the router’s wifi address to the mesh address if I go too far away from the router. I think what might have caused the issues was connecting to the Pro whilst my phone was connected to the mesh wifi address, even though technically they are one and the same. Maybe, this caused the confusion for the Wiim app?

Back