How to Get Hi Res with Qobuz on my Receiver?

mcwein50

If this question has been posted and answered, I apologize and hope that someone can please refer me to relevant post. I am a new member. I have a Denon S660H receiver and would like to to get 24/192 resolution playback on it from a WiiM mini. Can I do this with an optical connection? How about RCA jacks? Thanks.

Yes! Finally!! The Denon passed the test at 24/96, which I'm really happy with. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that means anything that streams at 24/192 from Qobuz will play at 24/96 -- which is still hi-res Thanks for everything Mr. Ee!

Yes! Finally!! The Denon passed the test at 24/96, which I'm really happy with. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that means anything that streams at 24/192 from Qobuz will play at 24/96 -- which is still hi-res Thanks for everything Mr. Ee!
No worries, although i wasn't the only one to reply on this thread i'm happy to take all the credit ;)
Now, ignore the numbers and enjoy the music.

I can get 24/192 from Qobuz on my PC. I can get 24/192 over DNLA on my WiiM(COAX). But like you, I max out at 24/96 from Qobuz on the WiiM. As for Mr Ee’s advice to ignore the numbers and enjoy the music : This is the way.

I can get 24/192 from Qobuz on my PC. I can get 24/192 over DNLA on my WiiM(COAX). But like you, I max out at 24/96 from Qobuz on the WiiM. As for Mr Ee’s advice to ignore the numbers and enjoy the music : This is the way.
How are you playing Qobuz to the wiim?
Wiim app? I think there's a setting somewhere once you log in to qobuz on the wiim app. Sure it's been mentioned on this forum a couple of times.
Edit: https://wiim.community.forum/threads/only-44-1khz-with-ipad.663/post-7588

3rd party app, such as bubbleupnp?
Qobuz app and chromecast (assuming wiim pro)? Will be 24/96 max.

Last edited:
How are you playing Qobuz to the wiim?
Wiim app? I think there's a setting somewhere once you log in to qobuz on the wiim app. Sure it's been mentioned on this forum a couple of times.
Edit: https://wiim.community.forum/threads/only-44-1khz-with-ipad.663/post-7588

3rd party app, such as bubbleupnp?
Qobuz app and chromecast (assuming wiim pro)? Will be 24/96 max.
I’m using the wiim app. And I found the setting at the service level to set max resolution - and mine was set to 24/96. Thanks for this, another mystery solved :) I may try 24/192 and keep it if I can hear a difference but my Bifrost gets hot enough already, don’t want to trigger a meltdown.

I’m using the wiim app. And I found the setting at the service level to set max resolution - and mine was set to 24/96. Thanks for this, another mystery solved :) I may try 24/192 and keep it if I can hear a difference but my Bifrost gets hot enough already, don’t want to trigger a meltdown.
No worries, I'll take the credit for this one too...

A hot Bifrost; my oxymoron of the week.
I was thinking of getting one of those; I hear they sell like hot cakes. ;)

I was playing some not ridiculously loud music last night (volume at 60 out of 100) and my amp went into protect mode 'cos it got too hot.
I had to put the aircon on!

I have a Pro Plus connected directly to my integrated amp's line input using the WiiM's internal DAC. The Pro Plus gets the signal from WiFi. Is there a setting I have to use to make sure I am getting the highest resolution or is this automatic? Thanks.

I have a Pro Plus connected directly to my integrated amp's line input using the WiiM's internal DAC. The Pro Plus gets the signal from WiFi. Is there a setting I have to use to make sure I am getting the highest resolution or is this automatic? Thanks.
For Qobuz? In the WiiM app, under Qobuz choose the three bar hamburger menu then streaming to set the resolution you want

Last edited:
Back