I can't get Qobuz to go above 16/44,1 in the Wiim app on Android, need help.

@James

When using Qobuz in the Wiim app it won't allow me to push the option for 24/192 or 24/96 ?? It will only allow me to select 16/44,1 and MP3. I've selected and tested up to 24/192 in the Wiim app AND in the Qobuz app, but Qobuz in the Wiim app won't go above 16/44,1. Is this an android issue? Can it be reminded by using the UAPP app? Can I use the Wiim app in the UAPP app?? All I want is lossless gapless hi-res that will do up to 24/192! Is there any steaming service I can achieve this if Qobuz won't? Thanks.
Edit: PROBLEM SOLVED: I just had to log out of Qobuz in the Wiim app and then log in again. Thankyou to everyone who replied.

Last edited:
You can play Qobuz via the bubbleupnp app on android.
More polished interface into qobuz than wiim's.

I don't use qobuz myself, but do you mean once in the qobuz screens in the wiim app, when you push the 'hamburger' menu in the top left you can't choose max sample rate?

When using Qobuz in the Wiim app it won't allow me to push the option for 24/192 or 24/96 ?? It will only allow me to select 16/44,1 and MP3. I've selected and tested up to 24/192 in the Wiim app AND in the Qobuz app, but Qobuz in the Wiim app won't go above 16/44,1. Is this an android issue? Can it be reminded by using the UAPP app? Can I use the Wiim app in the UAPP app?? All I want is lossless gapless hi-res that will do up to 24/192! Is there any steaming service I can achieve this if Qobuz won't? Thanks.
Hi @jamesj
As @Mr Ee says, use BubbleUPnP. I use Qobuz and BUPnP and i have 24/192 and Gapeless music. Of course you have to set all properly inside BUPnP.
Anyway i think that with WHA too we should have 24/192 and Gapeless.
I will do a try and let you know

As i tought. Casting Qobuz from WHA is bit-perfect and gapeles.
Have you properly set Qobuz inside WHA?
Qobuz>Hamburger menu on top left>Streaming
There you can choose your max quality

Sorry, i forgot. Even if you can have Qobuz HiRes & Gapeles throu WHA, use BUPnP. It’s FAR better

So yes Qobuz in the Wiim app when I go to streaming quality there are four options..
24/192
24/96
16/44,1
and another option

It's only allowing me to choose the bottom two options? I've set the highest quality in Wiim menu proper and Qobuz all itself.

As for another service, Amazon music unlimited.
Thanks. Yeah I signed up for Amazon unlimited and I can indeed stream lossless hi-res gapless (Ultra HD). Though most albums and tracks I've tried thus far are only available in HD 16/44,1.

Log out of qobuz in wiim app, then in again.
No idea if it will help, but worth a shot!

And although your (deleted?) reply said you're new to streaming, if you worked out setting up qobuz in the wiim app then you shouldn't find it too much harder to set it up in bubbleupnp. Give it a whirl, it's free to try it.

Thanks. Yeah I signed up for Amazon unlimited and I can indeed stream lossless hi-res gapless (Ultra HD). Though most albums and tracks I've tried thus far are only available in HD 16/44,1.
Did you find the two menus in the wiim app to set up uhd casting directly from the amazon app?

You can play Qobuz via the bubbleupnp app on android.
More polished interface into qobuz than wiim's.

I don't use qobuz myself, but do you mean once in the qobuz screens in the wiim app, when you push the 'hamburger' menu in the top left you can't choose max sample rate?
Thanks for replying. Yes it's not allowing me choose the top two options only the bottom two.

And although your (deleted?) reply said you're new to streaming, if you worked out setting up qobuz in the wiim app then you shouldn't find it too much harder to set it up in bubbleupnp. Give it a whirl, it's f

And although your (deleted?) reply said you're new to streaming, if you worked out setting up qobuz in the wiim app then you shouldn't find it too much harder to set it up in bubbleupnp. Give it a whirl, it's free to try it.
THANKYOU!!! Login out of Qobuz in the Wiim app and login back in did the trick! Now all four options are available and it's working perfectly! Thanks! 😊

Thanks for replying. Yes it's not allowing me choose the top two options only the bottom two.

THANKYOU!!! Login out of Qobuz in the Wiim app and login back in did the trick! Now all four options are available and it's working perfectly! Thanks! 😊
Happy for you that the trick worked :) Anyway if you want follow my suggestion use BUPnP. It’s a FAR FAR BETTER App.
Only one thing. BUPnP is an App full of menues and settings. Spend some time exploring all of them, to customize the App according to your needs ;)

It did not work for me logging in and out but I found another thread that said to put it at 24 bit/192khz. This worked for me, in spite of sample file not playing at that level. Qobuz plays now at 24/96 which makes me happy!

Edit: PROBLEM SOLVED: I just had to log out of Qobuz in the Wiim app and then log in again. Thankyou to everyone who replied.
I have put the wiim mini in my main system, connected to Smsl DO100 dac via optical, set it at maximum possiblity of resolution 24 / 192. Ok. WiFi ok. Connected to Qobuz. Tracks l m playing are hi res 96 khz but the wiim always stay on 44.!!! Many tracks tested. Always same problem. !!!! The sound is rather bad. My system being a hi resolution elec. X overed 3 amped.

@JoeSbonbo Did you choose the high resolution in Qobuz in the WiiM app browser section to 192/24?
Browser > Qobuz > 3 line menu top left > streaming

Last edited:
Back