It's bye bye mini

Virkon

I can only speak about mini but it's software glitches and delays on my android have finally got to me.
I have persevered especially due to the competitive price but no more.
It always takes min 10 seconds to open, then click on, say amazon, another minimum 10 seconds to respond, nah I can't be bothered to type the rest I'm off MINI FOR SALE CHEAP.

I can only speak about mini but it's software glitches and delays on my android have finally got to me.
I have persevered especially due to the competitive price but no more.
It always takes min 10 seconds to open, then click on, say amazon, another minimum 10 seconds to respond, nah I can't be bothered to type the rest I'm off MINI FOR SALE CHEAP.
its getting to me a bit now it was flawless since November when I got it but it’s glitchy bad like
you say so I’ve just been using it for when I need Bluetooth or me daughter. Hope they sort it.

20 seconds of delay? And then there are those that still get up to flip an album over, or use an old amp that requires you to get up and adjust the volume. Once I get over the 20 second hurdle the playing for me on Amazon or Pandora is pretty much effortless. Just continuous quality playing. My amp has a seven second power up. You mentioned there is more. I believe you. But with price a factor and knowing that the firmware is always being updated I have to ask what is your alternative? I believe that the WiiM team does a great job. Thinking about the numerous subscription services available on the WiiM, the number of different DACs out there that it is connected to, and the different operating systems that people are using to control the WiiM? The possibilities of compatibility problems is very large. How many of us have bought some SMART device only to see the support for it die within a year?

Last edited:
20 seconds of delay? And then there are those that still get up to flip an album over, or use an old amp that requires you to get up and adjust the volume. Once I get over the 20 second hurdle the playing for me on Amazon or Pandora is pretty much effortless. Just continuous quality playing. My amp has a seven second power up. You mentioned there is more. I believe you. But with price a factor and knowing that the firmware is always being updated I have to ask what is your alternative? I believe that the WiiM team does a great job. Thinking about the numerous subscription services available on the WiiM, the number of different DACs out there that it is connected to, and the different operating systems that people are using to control the WiiM? The possibilities of compatibility problems is very large. How many of us have bought some SMART device only to see the support for it die within a year?
Yes you are right. I do love it just minor glitches which I’m sure they’ll sort out. I’m still going get the pro when available
here.

FWIW My Pro has not exhibited the issue that soured me on the mini - namely going zombie periodically. IOS - Qobuz and from my NAS - the music would come back after serval seconds or a reboot of the mini was required.

Back