MQA now in administration

It was a fair question.
So was mine, and I'm not sure why you've dredged this up again when I replied in full both here, and also here indicating no worries.

If someone has a reputation for spreading fake news, or the forum site itself has such a background, thats one thing. Other than that Google search and the like is probably a better way to investigate authenticity than a demand for a "reliable source", which more than suggests skepticism and gives the connotation that the original post is not reliable.

As far I seen, tidal connect is still delivering MQA if available, since new hi res additions are not yet compatible with that feature.
I have reasonable hints that any new song release in hi res, has not MQA version, so hi res with WiiM has yet to wait...

MQA just got bought by Lenbrook who own Bluesound, NAD and PSB
Wiil tidal continue to pay MQA royalties (in any form) to new owner? I hope it doesn't, since it's recent jump to hi res flac. MQA makes sense in order to save bandwidth and space, at very similar results, other this I can't see any real reason more.

Large portion of the catalog is MQA so I believe they will not abandon it. In my opinion, with the right system, MQA sounds superior. FLAC and MQA will be delivered side by side.

Last edited:
Perhaps just too big to fail in the sense of hardware companies that have a major investment in MQA.

I’ve seen lots of such purchases simply to obtain the IP and staff. (I’m an antique in the IT business 49 years 👴)

Got me beat by a few....46 years in IT...u speak cobolese? Also to purchase the assets, sell, and it all goes bye bye. I think though theres a vested interest here in the purchase.

Got me beat by a few....46 years in IT...u speak cobolese? Also to purchase the assets, sell, and it all goes bye bye. I think though theres a vested interest here in the purchase.
Cobol 68 and Fortran IV here ;) And even Assembler/ machine code before those…

why you care about what tidal does with MQA when qobuz is available in better quality and Higher bitrates in your country ?
Qobuz is good but not as good as Tidal as far as much superior playlists and user algorithms

why you care about what tidal does with MQA when qobuz is available in better quality and Higher bitrates in your country ?
Breadth of catalog, better app, better curation of personal playlists and new releases. Tidal is also more widely available than Qobuz. I do miss its recommendations but I ditched it beginning of the year.

I use Qobuz now as I can and as I buy most music these days it made sense to have it and sublime to get the discounts. I only use streaming to test the waters on new releases and older music I never listened to.

I used to have both to cover the gaps in Qobuz catalog but I can’t say my systems liked MQA much and I didn’t have an MQA capable device in all my different setups. So I let it go.

Large portion of the catalog is MQA so I believe they will not abandon it. In my opinion, with the right system, MQA sounds superior. FLAC and MQA will be delivered side by side.
I verified that no one of new hi res releases has MQA, only flac. Who knows what they decide to do...

Back