Munich High End 2024

Is it too late to ask WiiM to make the Ultra and all future models' case out of transparent perspex? ;)

I personally don't get this fascination with tear downs and peeks inside... :rolleyes:
Really?
the quality of the production, the components and their relative qualities or their origins, etc etc
here the overall design of the dac card, aop chose, or the processing of the digital output isolated or not etc etc.... many things

don't interested you, don't mean that it doesn't make sense ;-)

Last edited:
Really?
the quality of the production, the components and their relative qualities or their origins, etc etc
here the overall design of the dac card, aop chose, or the processing of the digital output isolated or not etc etc.... many things

don't interested you, don't mean that it doesn't make sense ;-)
No, I couldn't tell you what a good or bad overall design was nor does my interest go as far as which parts they got from whom etc. And as I said, I was expressing my personal opinion - YMMV...

if you're taking requests/suggestions about what to check out:
  1. hifi-tuning berlin (and WA-Quantum) - obviously famous for their fuses but also some other somewhat snake-oily stuff. but it could be interesting to see/listen to the demos they have set up? (never heard any of their products personally - i'm skeptical, but willing to be shown the light!)
  2. luxman - they are unveiling their first ever streamer. they kept avoiding it for years (decades?) despite so much demand. it would be interesting to ask them what breakthrough in the product development really allowed them to finally come out with a streamer that is of "sufficient quality" for the brand. in other words, what was holding them back and how did they solve it?
  3. RME - one of these classic old-skool, no fuss brands, right... RIGHT? they are now offering and recommending products like the DPS-2 power supply and LNI-2 DC filter. can you please go check on our friends there to figure out what they are smoking? do they need help? or are they just willing to progressively destroy their brand by blatantly peddling snake oil to unsuspecting audiophools?? 🤔

luxman - they are unveiling their first ever streamer. they kept avoiding it for years (decades?) despite so much demand. it would be interesting to ask them what breakthrough in the product development really allowed them to finally come out with a streamer that is of "sufficient quality" for the brand. in other words, what was holding them back and how did they solve it?
They bought some WiiMs and put the chips in their casing? (I'm joking)

Back