New Wi-fi configuration

Staresyj

Major Contributor
Probably answered somewhere in the forum but ho hum. I’ve 2 Wiim Pro’s and I seem to be in the lucky camp where they’ve both worked flawlessly since purchase👍. My question is, I have having a new broadband service provider installed next week, and I would like advice on the surest and safest way to remap the Pro’s to the new wifi once installed. Is this best by way of factory reset and start all over or is there a fail proof alternative method to get the Pro’s pointing at the new wifi address?

Depending on where you are and if you have at least a little technical skill and understanding, you'll be vastly better off now and in the long term providing your own router and access point(s), and just use any broadband provider as a bit spigot upstream from your router. Then the kind of changes you're describing would not be an issue at all, since the upstream change would not affect your local network topology at all. If the switchover is a week away, you have time to assemble the bits in advance and make things right.

Probably answered somewhere in the forum but ho hum. I’ve 2 Wiim Pro’s and I seem to be in the lucky camp where they’ve both worked flawlessly since purchase👍. My question is, I have having a new broadband service provider installed next week, and I would like advice on the surest and safest way to remap the Pro’s to the new wifi once installed. Is this best by way of factory reset and start all over or is there a fail proof alternative method to get the Pro’s pointing at the new wifi address?
I change the SSID and password on the new router to be the same as the old router, which is easier than changing them on all the devices.

Depending on where you are and if you have at least a little technical skill and understanding, you'll be vastly better off now and in the long term providing your own router and access point(s), and just use any broadband provider as a bit spigot upstream from your router. Then the kind of changes you're describing would not be an issue at all, since the upstream change would not affect your local network topology at all. If the switchover is a week away, you have time to assemble the bits in advance and make things right.
New provider new router new cabling. You lost me after technical skill and understanding!

I change the SSID and password on the new router to be the same as the old router, which is easier than changing them on all the devices.
That sounds easy, if you know what you are doing !

I think you don't need a factory reset or anything. The router will give your device a new IP address and that's it. If you have problems to connect then just unplug your Wiim, restart it and then open the Wiim app again. A factory reset should be your last measure and I don't believe that's necessary.

This worked perfectly. As you suggested, once new broadband was up and running, changed both SSID and password to the same as the outgoing broadband and bingo everything has hooked up seamlessly without having to enter new passwords on all connected devices, and, both of my pro’s still work without missing a beat.

Back