New Wiim Amp Auto-Connects to Wrong SSID; Won't Sync - RESOLVED

Brianguy

Own several Wiim devices, but cannot get this new Wiim Amp to connect to the correct SSID where all my other devices reside, so it won't sync with them, as apparently it can't see them at all. How do I force this thing to use an SSID I SPECIFY, rather than just auto-pulling whatever it wants on it's own?

Thanks!

PS - can't delete the original post in the General Announcements section, but looks like it's in the wrong spot, so re-posting here. Thanks!

Own several Wiim devices, but cannot get this new Wiim Amp to connect to the correct SSID where all my other devices reside, so it won't sync with them, as apparently it can't see them at all. How do I force this thing to use an SSID I SPECIFY, rather than just auto-pulling whatever it wants on it's own?

Thanks!

PS - can't delete the original post in the General Announcements section, but looks like it's in the wrong spot, so re-posting here. Thanks!

Does it mean that you can't choose the SSID while setting up your WiiM amp?

Also, are the two SSIDs from different networks or routers?
In that case, you may want to temporarily turn off one of your routers (or networks) and set up your WiiM amp again.

I noticed a couple of days ago when I set mine up that I didn't need to specify the SSID or password. I'm surmising that the Amp picks up the WiFi details from the phone during setup with the app. @Brianguy I wonder if this would work 🤔:

• Reset the amp by long pressing the front control dial
  • Ensure your phone is connected to the SSID that you want your amp to use
  • Repeat the setup using the app
Worth a try....

I noticed a couple of days ago when I set mine up that I didn't need to specify the SSID or password. I'm surmising that the Amp picks up the WiFi details from the phone during setup with the app. @Brianguy I wonder if this would work 🤔:

• Reset the amp by long pressing the front control dial
  • Ensure your phone is connected to the SSID that you want your amp to use
  • Repeat the setup using the app
Worth a try....
That's what I'd have recommended if you hadn't beat me for it ... :)

Thanks all - well, putting the phone on the right SSID got the Amp to be on the right network, but now it's greyed out and won't sync with the other devices (see screenshot from phone app). Someone talk me off the ledge before all of it gets thrown off the deck...lol. Their app can be a bit frustrating at times. Thanks guys...

Attachments

• Wiim Amp Deck Setup.jpg
    Wiim Amp Deck Setup.jpg
    439.8 KB · Views: 6
Thanks all - well, putting the phone on the right SSID got the Amp to be on the right network, but now it's greyed out and won't sync with the other devices (see screenshot from phone app). Someone talk me off the ledge before all of it gets thrown off the deck...lol. Their app can be a bit frustrating at times. Thanks guys...
How is your network setup? Have you got VLANS setup or anything that could be blocking comms between the Amps? As someone else suggested do you have two routers? If you've added another router to use as an Access Point and you have a different addressing scheme setup on it, devices won't talk to one another across the different subnets. That wouldn't be obvious in normal use as all devices would be able to connect out to the internet, just not talk to one another.

Does it mean that you can't choose the SSID while setting up your WiiM amp?

Also, are the two SSIDs from different networks or routers?
In that case, you may want to temporarily turn off one of your routers (or networks) and set up your WiiM amp again.
Hi Wiimer, yes there are 2 SSIDs (regular and a 5G version). Got this part settled now - it was just the phone has to be on the exact SSID you want the device to be on. Now my issue is it won't sync with the other Wiim devices...just greyed out...arghhhhh...Thanks

Attachments

• Wiim Amp Deck Setup.jpg
    Wiim Amp Deck Setup.jpg
    439.8 KB · Views: 6
How is your network setup? Have you got VLANS setup or anything that could be blocking comms between the Amps? As someone else suggested do you have two routers? If you've added another router to use as an Access Point and you have a different addressing scheme setup on it, devices won't talk to one another across the different subnets. That wouldn't be obvious in normal use as all devices would be able to connect out to the internet, just not talk to one another.
I've got an Netgear router in bedroom areas, with a Netgear extender in the Family room. Assuming the Family Rm Wiim puck is running off the extender signal, while the Living Rm Wiim Pro may be pulling the Router signal. Nothing has seemed to have an issue until this new amp though. Thanks

One other thing I forgot to suggest...If your devices are connecting to two different SSID's from the same router, check in the router settings that neither has 'client isolation' set. That's something that's usually used on Guest networks so that guests can access the internet but not other devices. It would cause the sort of issue you're experiencing.

Thanks JohnW, there are two SSIDs, but the Wiim devices are all on the same SSID now, and the network status for the devices in the App is very arbitrary - it shows for the Wiim Amp (that isn't syncing), but isn't even there in the App for the Pro or the Puck. Guest network isn't enabled.

About ready to ditch the entire setup and start from scratch putting them all on the Netgear Extender's 5G SSID - just time consuming and our first beautiful day after days of rain, so not happening today. A frustrating experience overall....

To me that screen looks fine. The host device in MRM is grayed out. When you play music on your WIIM amp, there is no sound from all three devices?

To me that screen looks fine. The host device in MRM is grayed out. When you play music on your WIIM amp, there is no sound from all three devices?
The existing two devices play music, but the new Wiim Amp (Deck) is greyed out when you check the sync (in photo) - they're all on the same SSID though.

This is what it looks like when I link two WiiM to my WiiM amp.

1000002339.jpg

In your case, if you tap the link icon in the Living room, your Deck will turn green.

If you make "Deck" a Multi-Room Music (MRM) host device, it will be grayed out because you can't remove the host device from MRM.

This is what it looks like when I link two WiiM to my WiiM amp.

View attachment 6424

In your case, if you tap the link icon in the Living room, your Deck will turn green.
Unfortunately nothing I do gets the Deck (new Wiim Amp) to turn green, including taking them all out of sync and starting in different orders. I'll take them all back to factory settings tonight if time allows and hook them all to the 5G SSID from the beginning. If that doesn't do it I'll probably ditch the setup and go with another solution...

Unfortunately nothing I do gets the Deck (new Wiim Amp) to turn green, including taking them all out of sync and starting in different orders. I'll take them all back to factory settings tonight if time allows and hook them all to the 5G SSID from the beginning. If that doesn't do it I'll probably ditch the setup and go with another solution...
If I look at the photo you just posted, I'll see a green dot on the gear icon on Deck. I think this indicates that there is something to check somewhere in the settings. Please tap the gear icon to confirm.

1000002342.jpg

If you make "Deck" a Multi-Room Music (MRM) host device, it will be grayed out because you can't remove the host device from MRM.
I don't see any feature in the menu about MRM, but it will definitely not sync with the others - actually gives a "Fail" error when I try. Will try setting all devices back to factory and syncing all to the extender's 5G SSID tonight. If that doesn't work I'll be ditching them. Will let everyone know how it goes... thanks all!

If I look at the photo you just posted, I'll see a green dot on the gear icon on Deck. I think this indicates that there is something to check somewhere in the settings. Please tap the gear icon to confirm.

View attachment 6426
Thanks Wiimer - I've checked the Settings in all the 3 zones but nothing appears out of the ordinary. The new Wiim Amp (Deck) just refuses to sync with the others - actually throws a "Fail" error in the App...

Thanks Wiimer - I've checked the Settings in all the 3 zones but nothing appears out of the ordinary. The new Wiim Amp (Deck) just refuses to sync with the others - actually throws a "Fail" error in the App...
I don't know if I can solve your problem, but can you post an error screen here? Thank you.

You can also submit a ticket to support team via the feedback in the WiiM app settings. Device logs are also sent to help you resolve issues.

Back