No "on-screen" display of current album/song

RedJeep2023

Just hooked up my WIIM Pro.
Everything (well almost everything) is great. One thing that would be nice is to have whatever is currently playing, appear on my TV. All I see now is the TV's wallpaper.

I can (obviously) see it on my phone/app... just would like to see it on the TV.

WIIM Pro hooked via Optical to Yamaha A6A Receiver.
TV is Samsung HDTV "Curve".

Thanks,
Steve P

Everything (well almost everything) is great. One thing that would be nice is to have whatever is currently playing, appear on my TV. All I see now is the TV's wallpaper.

I can (obviously) see it on my phone/app... just would like to see it on the TV.

Thanks,
Steve P
This has been requested many times!
A number of possible solutions have been discussed here, the simplest probably being to just screen share your phone / tablet to the tv.

The Pro is Roon Ready and I know the LMS users also have one or another solution.
As @Mr Ee wrote f.e. my Samsung phone's "Smart View" works, but that has its contras. It is always a mess when using the phone for things a phone is not made for in first line 😉 I did not manage to take a call and this Smart View runs further..

Last edited:

Thanks,
Steve
What is your streaming source?
If it's not the TV itself, or other connected video source, then nothing will be displayed.
The Wiim has no video out and the receiver has no idea what the Wiim is sending it.

You need another device to produce the now playing screen for your source, or a source with an HDMI output.
With LMS you could synchronise the TV as a Chromecast/Airplay/UPNP player, and the Wiim as a Squeezelite player.

With LMS you could synchronise the TV as a Chromecast/Airplay/UPNP player, and the Wiim as a Squeezelite player.
This is correct to a point.
LMS players using the Chromecast or UPnP Bridge do not sync properly with another Squeezelite player (WiiM).
You can attempt to sync them but they will drift and you will find that the display may get behind the actual stream.
The Chromecast bridge has a special mode for display with no audio.
A player created with the AirPlay bridge will sync with a WiiM BUT the downside is that LMS will transcode anything above 16/48 down to match the capability of the lowest common denominator which is the AirPlay player. Obviously this is not an issue if you don't wish to play HiRes streams.

EDIT
What does work perfectly is a Raspberry Pi running piCorePlayer and Squeezelite with the Jivelite interface activated and connected to the TV via HDMI. You need to configure Jivelite to operate in Now Playing mode and sync the Wiim and Pi via LMS.

Last edited:
Back