Power Off command in App

What for? Energy consumption is the same "on" and "off". Just set the time until it goes into standby mode. I think a power button in the app is pretty useless.

What for? Energy consumption is the same "on" and "off". Just set the time until it goes into standby mode. I think a power button in the app is pretty useless.
Thank you for sharing your opinion on what is pretty useless, lol.

Hi,

I cannot find in the app a Power-Off button, as it exists on the remote controls.

If not present, it would be nice to have it.

Regards,
Yann.
I on the other hand, don't find your question useless, pretty much the opposite, considering I use the 12v trigger chain to my DAC and my power amplifier. Complete energy consumption is therefor not the same in standby.

Sure, we can adjust the standby timer, but a simple "power off" or "standby" button, like on the remote shouldn't be that difficult to implement.

I will refrase my wife: Why can't it just do what the Yamaha used to do.. ;)

Thank you for sharing your opinion on what is pretty useless, lol.

I on the other hand, don't find your question useless, pretty much the opposite, considering I use the 12v trigger chain to my DAC and my power amplifier. Complete energy consumption is therefor not the same in standby.

Sure, we can adjust the standby timer, but a simple "power off" or "standby" button, like on the remote shouldn't be that difficult to implement.

I will refrase my wife: Why can't it just do what the Yamaha used to do.. ;)
Because it is definitely not a Yamaha! I have a basic AVR and think the apps for it are best in class.

I agree with you. Just add power off and on buttons to the WiiM app. They have it on the remote control unit.

I really think a simple power off and on option are basic commands that should be included and honestly expected. It can be included in addition to the standby mode.

I don't use the wiim as my main zone so want to be able to turn it on and off even if it is detecting a signal. Having to turn the wiim to another input just so it isn't on seems like a weird workaround in this day and age.

Back